JOB TITLE: Marketing Representative
REPORTS TO: Senior Marketing Representative
JOB OBJECTIVE: NOLS is looking for a data-and-results-driven representative responsible for generating student enrollment and nurturing leads to meet sales goals. Duties will include the monitoring and community management of our primary social sites, positively impacting enrollment, customer service, leading presentations and outdoor skill demonstrations, as well as fielding inquiries from prospective students and their families via phone, email, and live chat, and virtual meetings in a consultative, sales-oriented fashion. This position may include some travel to recruit students and establish or further existing relationships.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to connect with a wide variety of individuals.
- Possess exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to build rapport quickly in person as well as through phone conversation and personal correspondence with a wide audience.
- Collaborate to work effectively in both a team environment and independently.
- Intermediate computer knowledge and willingness to learn required systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of social media platforms.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Passion for NOLS mission and excitement for fulfilling it in creative ways.
- Experience with Hubspot or similar CRM platform preferred.
- Sales experience is strongly preferred.
- Event marketing experience strongly preferred.
- NOLS graduate strongly preferred.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES:
There are no direct supervision duties for this position, but cooperation skills are required. Must demonstrate the ability to balance working with the admissions, creative, and marketing teams while also remaining self-directed, seeking feedback, articulating needs, and maintaining a high degree of ownership and responsibility.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY:
Responsible for securing expedition deposits and tuition installments, and for accurately communicating the financial status of a student's account. Responsible for a NOLS credit card, and for appropriately managing travel expenses.
DIGITAL COMMUNITY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Routinely monitor (1-2 times per day) NOLS’ primary brand accounts (NOLS Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, YouTube, Reddit) and its associated Groups (i.e., NOLS Facebook has Groups)
- Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner
- Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews
- Liaise with the Admissions department to stay updated on enrollment needs and operations protocols
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, graduates, industry professionals and potentially journalists
- This role will not be responsible for original content creation, or the community management of our location/campus social media accounts.
MARKETING/ CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sales, recruitment, and marketing project and campaign support: Grow new leads, including sales-qualified leads, and move them through the marketing funnel. Create email marketing automation in order to generate traffic, convert visitors into leads, and then nurture them into converted customers.
- Customer service: Communicate with prospective and enrolled students virtually, in-person or via phone, online chat, texting, and email regarding NOLS expeditions and policies. Be well-versed with all NOLS pillars to attract and recommend trainings including Custom Education, Wilderness Medicine, Alumni and Expedition courses.
- Other projects as needed or assigned
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS World Headquarters, Lander ,WY strongly preferred.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a résumé and a cover letter that exemplifies your writing skill.
Send cover letter and résumé to: Logan Kay, Senior Marketing Representative.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until filled
STARTING DATE: TBD
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.