JOB TITLE: Marketing Representative
REPORTS TO: Erica Nelson, Senior Marketing Representative
JOB OBJECTIVE: NOLS is looking for a data-driven marketing representative to be responsible for generating and nurturing leads to meet sales goals. Duties will include increasing sales, customer service, leading presentations and outdoor skills demonstrations, as well as fielding inquiries from prospective students and their families via phone, email, and live chat in a consultative, sales-oriented fashion. This position includes some travel to recruit students directly and establish relationships with targeted institutions.
- Passion for NOLS mission and excitement about fulfilling it in creative ways.
- Represent, sell, and positively promote NOLS’ programs.
- Use data to inform all decisions and reporting.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for and ability to connect with a wide variety of individuals.
- Must demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to build rapport quickly in person as well as through phone conversation and personal correspondence with a wide audience.
- Must demonstrate a propensity for self-leadership.
- Excellent “expedition behavior.”
- Collaborate to work effectively in both a team environment and independently.
- Intermediate computer knowledge and willingness to learn required systems.
- Experience with Hubspot or similar CRM platform preferred.
- Sales experience strongly preferred.
- Exceptional writing and editing is a must.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: There are no direct supervision duties for this position, but cooperation skills are required. Must demonstrate the ability to balance working with the admissions and marketing team while also remaining self-directed, seeking feedback, articulating needs, and maintaining a degree of ownership and responsibility.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for securing expedition deposits and tuition installments in a timely fashion, and for accurately communicating financial status of a student's account. Responsible for a NOLS credit card, and for appropriately managing travel expenses.
50% - Sales, recruitment, and marketing project and campaign support. Grow new leads, including sales-qualified leads, and move them through the marketing funnel. Create email marketing automation in order to generate traffic, convert visitors into leads, and then nurture them into converted customers.
40% - Communicate with prospective and enrolled students in-person or via phone, online chat, texting, and email regarding NOLS expeditions and policies. Be well-versed in all NOLS pillars to attract and recommend Risk Services, Custom Education, Wilderness Medicine, and Expedition courses.
10% - Recruitment planning and travel.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS World Headquarters, Lander ,WY.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit your cover letter that exemplifies your writing skills and résumé. Send cover letter and résumé to Erica Nelson.
Contact Erica Nelson, email@example.com, with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: September 7, 2018.
STARTING DATE: September 18, 2018.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.