JOB TITLE: Foundation Relations Officer
REPORTS TO: Development and Alumni Director
JOB OBJECTIVE: To manage and expand a comprehensive giving program for foundations and corporations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to research and craft a persuasive narrative for potential funders.
- An understanding of the NOLS mission and the ability to promote NOLS to a diverse audience.
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation of fundraising.
- Familiarity with donor tracking software, specifically Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, desirable.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Preferred: At least one year of experience writing grant proposals.
LEADERSHIP/SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Networks internally with Admissions, Operations, Development, Information Systems, recruitment, and staffing and location staff to understand and communicate all facets of NOLS to an external audience. Networks externally with donors, foundation staff, and scholarship partner organizations to understand and honor donor intent.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for the grant generation and follow-up process. Must maintain a comprehensive understanding of new asset acquisition and program development at the school as it pertains to fundability.
40% - Grant Writing
- Composes high-quality grant proposal narratives, letters of inquiry, applications, and supporting documents in a detail-oriented, organized, and deadline-driven manner, in compliance with foundation requirements.
- Edit grant materials for structure, completeness, accuracy, consistency, and appropriateness of content, as well as grammar and readability.
- Maintains annual calendar of yearly renewal grants and reports.
- Coordinates with other departments to collect data and provide meaningful stewardship for funders and to comply with reporting requirements for grants received.
- Maintains appropriate grant follow-up, including writing reports, thank-you letters, and personal contact with foundation staff and donors.
- Populates Raiser’s Edge and the server database with electronic copies of all grant documents and files corresponding hard copies.
- Designs and implements a grant-writing process that ensures timely and competitive submission of grant proposals.
20% - Researches and identifies new funding opportunities and sources that match NOLS initiatives and strategic priorities.
20% - Assists location and HQ department staff in identifying sources of funds; writes grant proposals and letters of inquiry; and maintains appropriate grant follow-up.
10% - Assists development officers and other staff in procuring support for NOLS campaigns by writing proposals to grantmakers.
10% - Assists with other projects as assigned.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates In E-verify.
WORK LOCATION: Lander, Wyoming
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter, and résumé to Gary Wilmot.
Phone: (307) 335-2275
Contact Gary Wilmot with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: July 8, 2019.
STARTING DATE: July 22, 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.