JOB TITLE: Field Staffing Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Field Staffing Director
JOB OBJECTIVE: The field staffing coordinator works with the field staffing office, NOLS field instructors, program supervisors, and program directors to support the seasonal hiring, development, and oversight of NOLS field faculty.
QUALIFICATIONS: NOLS field experience recommended, program experience preferred. Demonstrated skill in mentorship and coaching; organization; flexibility; attention to detail; ability to stay solution-oriented in the midst of adversity and uncertainty; and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion are all required. The field staffing office values a range of expertise within the team.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Member of a team that oversees the hiring, development, performance, and promotion of over 600 field faculty.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Obligates NOLS funds as a signer of field staff employment agreements.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Budgeted for up to to 70% in the field staffing office and 30% working field or classroom courses or, optionally, on unpaid leave. This percentage may change the team builds a workable schedule for everyone.
General position responsibilities:
- Manage daily hiring of field faculty, ensuring quality faculty for each course.
- Communicate regularly with program supervisors and program directors.
- Track faculty performance by reading Staff Performance Evaluations.
- Develop seasonal hiring plans, compile WRAP sheet information, write employee agreements, and correspond with field staff.
- Communicate with staff via informal open door policy, phone, e-mail, Skype, and forums.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to field faculty regarding performance and career development.
- Involved in Instructor Course (IC) recruitment process, IC reviews, IC briefings, post-IC student interviews, and assist in prioritizing seminar participants.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
WORK LOCATION: Lander, WY.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter and resume to Emily Ledingham.
Contact Emily Ledingham with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Interviews will be offered and take place on a rolling basis.
STARTING DATE: Negotiable.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.