JOB TITLE: Field Staffing Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Field Staffing Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Field Staffing Coordinator works with the Field Staffing Office, NOLS Field Instructors, Program Supervisors, and Program Directors to support the seasonal hiring, support, development and oversight of NOLS field faculty.
QUALIFICATIONS: The Field Staffing Office values a range of expertise within the team. Required skills include: commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; mentorship and coaching skills; organization; efficiency in task (and multi-tasking); flexibility; attention to detail; the ability to stay compassionate and solution-oriented in the midst of adversity, uncertainty and perceived difference; and experience with and/or the ability to learn methods of working with spreadsheet data and tools.
Field experience in outdoor education is recommended, comparable supervisory experience is an asset, and familiarity with NOLS locations/operating areas is helpful.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Operate as a member of a team that oversees the hiring, development, performance, and promotion of approximately 800 field faculty.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Obligates NOLS funds as a signer of field staff employment agreements.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Budgeted for up to 75% in the field staffing office and 25% working field or classroom courses or, optionally, on unpaid leave. This percentage may change as the team builds a workable schedule for everyone.
- Manage ongoing hiring of field faculty to provide effective, qualified faculty for each course. Balance emergent needs with longer-term development of NOLS field faculty pool.
- Track instructor availability, openings, and other relevant data via spreadsheets and other tools.
- Develop seasonal hiring plans, track enrollment, communicate regularly with program staff, write employee agreements, and correspond with field staff.
- Understand faculty performance by connecting with program staff and reading staff performance evaluations.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to field faculty regarding performance and career development.
- Contribute to Instructor Course (IC) recruitment process, IC briefings, post IC student interviews, and assist in prioritizing faculty for training opportunities.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
WORK LOCATION: Lander, WY. This is a full-time, benefitted position. Housing is not provided.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and résumé to:
Name: Debbie Derbish
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: April 16, 2021.
STARTING DATE: May 3, 2021or as soon as possible.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting thislink.