JOB TITLE: Field Faculty Recruitment and Development Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Field Faculty Development Lead
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Field Faculty Recruitment and Development Coordinator (RAD Coordinator) works as part of the Field Faculty Development Department, which coordinates recruitment, training, professional development, and career mentorship programs with the goal to build a NOLS field instructor corps with high career satisfaction and longevity. The RAD Coordinator manages the Instructor in Training (IIT) program and builds coaching and mentoring relationships with instructors and IC students. This position directly supports the NOLS’s strategic goals connected to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI), and schoolwide provides mentorship and direction on how to practically support these goals.
QUALIFICATIONS: The Field Faculty Development Department values a range of expertise within the team. Requirements include:
- Professional experience that demonstrates commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Mentorship and coaching skills.
- Vision and communication, ability to promote positive cultural and organizational change.
- Efficiency in tasks (and multi-tasking).
- Attention to detail.
- Experience with and/or the ability to learn methods of working with spreadsheet data and tools.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: This position briefs, trains, and supervises IIT mentors. Recruitment and external representation are also key components of this position.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Helps build and implement an IIT and recruitment budget of approximately $80,000.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to participants in the Fellowship & IIT programs regarding support, performance, and career development.
- Hire and supervise paid mentors for IITs.
- Coordinate with the FSO seasonal plan writer to allocate and assign appropriate expedition opportunities to provide a quality IIT experience.
- Represent NOLS and engage with recruiting at outside events like Color the Crag, Flash Foxy Women’s Climbing Festival, LGBTQ+ Outdoor Summit, etc.
- Provide input to the Field Faculty Development Department, Education Department, and Field Staffing Office (FSO) on how best to actionably implement NOLS equity and inclusion goals.
- Provide leadership to the Instructor Course (IC) recruitment process, IC briefings, and post IC student interviews.
- Support the IC student selection process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS Participates in E-Verify.
WORK LOCATION: This position could be remote and would require two extended visits to Lander, WY annually to align with key department responsibilities. Options for remote work are limited to the following U.S. states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado , Idaho, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, New York, New Mexico, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. We can also support an employee in any other country where NOLS has a campus.
CONTRACT DETAILS: Level E salary plus benefits. This position is budgeted for approximately 75% in the Field Faculty Development Department and 25% working field or classroom courses, or on unpaid leave. NOLS annual Level E salary starts at $35,568.
HOW TO APPLY: Email PDF-formatted cover letter and resumé to: Jesi Crawford, Field Faculty Development, at email@example.com.
Please contact Jesi Crawford with any questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: August 20, 2021.
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting link.