JOB TITLE: Faculty Summit Assistant
REPORTS TO: Kellsie Forbes, Summit Coordinator
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide organizational and logistical support for the NOLS Expedition Faculty Summit.
- Attention to detail—this person will handle many details that must be tracked carefully.
- Organizational skills—this event attracts approximately 200 people and has a fast-paced schedule.
- Strong verbal communication skills and easygoing demeanor. Enjoys large events.
- Ability to stay calm in busy setting and adjust to quick changes on the spot. The Summit can be a hectic setting for organizers.
- Able to work independently to anticipate and problem solve.
- Ability to lift 30 pound items (ex. portable tables to construct stage, boxes of supplies etc).
- Ability to be active and mobile for 10-14 hours.
During the 3 days of the event, this person will need to work 14-hour days (roughly 7am- 9pm).
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Delegate tasks to other committee members and volunteers.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Occasional purchases as needed, mostly groceries and beverages.
- 70% - During the three-day Summit, assist with all aspects of the event, including: set-up/tear-down at the venue; coordination of meals and receptions; help answer attendee questions, and other jobs as necessary.
- 20% - Assist in preparation for the event. Includes purchasing food and other items, making name tags, gathering other supplies, and coordinating with external services (caterer, beverage supplier, et al).
- 10% - In the week after the event, help coordinator with final wrap-up. Includes sending thank-you cards, collecting survey results, packing items away for the year, etc.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS Participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS HQ
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Kellsie Forbes.
Phone: 1-307-332-5300, ext 2346
Contact Kellsie Forbes with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Feb 15, 2019.
EMPLOYMENT DATES: April 22 - May 15, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.