JOB TITLE: Expeditions Admission Officer
REPORTS TO: Expeditions Admission Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide program information to enrolled students. Review and clear student forms. Manage enrollment to meet strategic goals. Assist with providing information to potential students.
- Able to represent and positively promote NOLS.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Able to prioritize appropriately and meet deadlines.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Enthusiasm for and ability to connect with a wide variety of individuals.
- Experience building rapport quickly with a varied audience, particularly via phone conversation and written correspondence.
- Strong self-leadership.
- Experience working collaboratively within a team and promoting positive work culture.
- Able to discuss topics such as sensitive medical issues and collection of past due payments.
- Intermediate computer knowledge and willingness to learn required systems. NOLS uses Help Scout, Asana, chat/text platforms, and an internal database.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Outdoor education experience.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: There is no direct supervision, but this person requires cooperative skills.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for securing tuition payments and for accurately discussing account status, transfer policies, and cancellation policies. Indirectly responsible for significant amounts of tuition revenue.
50% - Answer questions regarding course details and the application process, including financial aid and college credit. Assist students in changing their student status, i.e. transfers and cancellations.
30% - Manage course rosters to meet internal deadlines. Contact students via multiple channels to process application forms and tuition payments. Enforce policies including medical clearance and cancellation.
15% - Document student status and provide updates. Work to fill rosters from wait lists and by prioritizing available openings.
5% - Perform special projects and duties as assigned.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
WORK LOCATION: Lander, Wyoming.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and résumé to Amy Federer, Receptionist, firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until filled.
STARTING DATE: November 2018, or earlier depending on candidate
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.