JOB TITLE: Expedition Admission Manager
REPORTS TO: Marketing & Admissions Director
JOB OBJECTIVE: The NOLS Expedition Admission Manager leads enrollment strategies for the school’s largest business unit. To be successful, candidates must thrive in a fast-paced environment, embrace complexity, and have a strong understanding of contemporary enrollment management. The individual will need to be goal-oriented, welcoming of collaboration, and have the ability to quickly build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop strategies to lead student enrollment experience while achieving exceptional customer service, efficient student account management, and quality student educational outcomes.
- Provide guidance and structure to NOLS Expeditions Admission Team; recruit, train, and evaluate admissions officers.
- Manage student activity from time of application to start of course including, but not limited to, overseeing roster management, enrollment paperwork, and handling of enrollment issues/complaints when escalated.
- Develop enrollment initiatives that proactively address student health and behavioral motivation needs.
- Assist in tracking enrollment numbers, course demand, and availability. Provide input on course creation and cancellation.
- Collaborate with NOLS locations to provide support for enrolled students.
- Analyze systems to create more efficient and effective ways to serve our students.
- Oversee and coordinate special admission processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in academic administration, communications, marketing, business administration, or related fields preferred, with direct enrollment and admissions experience.
- Strong team manager experienced in personnel supervision and coaching skills.
- Passionate customer service professional.
- Experience in counseling, health screening, and other related topics prefered.
- Ability to work effectively both in a team environment and independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to connect with peers across departments.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and problem solve.
- Proficient with a variety of technology platforms (database, customer service, etc.), Microsoft Office/Google Drive applications, and ability to quickly learn required NOLS systems.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: The Expedition Admission Manager supervises a team of up to six admission officers. The position works closely across the Marketing & Admissions team as well as schoolwide with peers from operations, risk management, education, etc. This position leads NOLS customer service culture and develops student enrollment initiatives for increasing applicant retention to meet enrollment goals, while implementing NOLS’ admission policies.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for outside vendor agreements, departmental P&L, generating reports, and expenses via credit card.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Headquarters, Lander, Wyoming.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Sandy Chio.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until filled.
START DATE: As soon as possible.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.