JOB TITLE: Development Stewardship Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Development
JOB OBJECTIVE: Coordinate a donor stewardship program that maintains and strengthens long-term philanthropic relationships with NOLS. Create compelling content, report on use-of-funds, and manage an annual workflow of donor communications intended to increase individual giving.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Academic or professional experience as a writer and editor. A firm understanding of NOLS curriculum and mission, and the ability to promote NOLS to a diverse audience. Familiarity with or willingness to learn donor tracking software, specifically Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge. Experience managing team projects and/or organizational workflow. Demonstrated skills with Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite applications. Ability to adjust to changing needs and flexibility is a must. NOLS alumni and staff are encouraged to apply.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Serve as the point person for scheduling and tracking donor stewardship activities. Populate and maintain the database to support and track stewardship activities. Maintain a high level of organization and confidentiality of all donor and alumni records. Ensure that a systematic program of stewardship is in place that will outlast changes in staff and ensure consistent and positive relations with donors. Assist as needed in the planning of fundraising events.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for upkeep of donor-related documents and electronic files.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Include but are not limited to the following.
60% - Individual donor stewardship
- Prepare written reports, correspondence, and financial updates on an annual basis for endowed and annual scholarship donors and foundations.
- Coordinate with NOLS Finance and Admissions staff to track and report on scholarship donations and other restricted contributions.
- Research, secure, and access information that allows NOLS to share stories of impact from scholarships.
- Send pledge reminders on schedule.
- Maintain records for managing donor-restricted contributions.
- Create and maintain accurate details of donor transactions and relationships.
- Seek continuous improvement of the stewardship function, including streamlining tasks and developing efficiencies in gift processing.
- Maintain the school’s reputation for integrity, responsibility, caring, and prudent management of donor gifts.
- Adhere to NOLS’ "thank you" protocols via personalized correspondence and phone calls to assigned constituents.
15% - Assist in event logistics
- Assist staff with planning development events and post-event follow‐up.
- Assist in pulling queries, and creating CRM workflows for invitations and tracking RSVPs.
- Create information packets for board of directors and other appropriate staff.
- Assist with making event‐related phone calls to vendors, donors, trustees, and staff.
- Assist with anniversary events.
15% - Support development staff by providing data, historical information, and other resources as needed
- Database query
- Data research
10% - Assist with other projects as assigned
Duties and responsibilities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS World Headquarters, Lander, WY.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit writing sample, cover letter and résumé to Judd Rogers.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: June 3, 2019.
START DATE: ASAP.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.