JOB TITLE: Development AFP Mentor
REPORTS TO: Field Faculty Development Lead
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Development AFP Mentor works as part of the Field Faculty Development Department, which coordinates recruitment, training, professional development, and career mentorship programs with the goal to build a NOLS field instructor corps with high career satisfaction and longevity. This position works to build coaching and mentoring relationships with instructors participating in the Development Annual Faculty Position (AFP) Program.
QUALIFICATIONS: The Field Faculty Development Department values a range of expertise within the team. Requirements include:
- NOLS Course Leader assessment, mentorship and coaching skills.
- Professional experience that demonstrates commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Proficiency with providing verbal and written feedback.
- Strong relationship and community building skills.
- Interdepartmental collaboration.
- Experience with and/or the ability to learn methods of working with spreadsheet data and tools.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: his position will provide mentorship for 5-15 field faculty in the Development AFP Program.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: N/A
- Schedule and provide regular mentoring, coaching, and goal-setting sessions for 5-15 field faculty in the Development AFP Program regarding performance and career development.
- Coordinate with the Field Staffing seasonal hiring plan writer, the Field Faculty Development Lead, the Field Faculty Training Coordinator to identify and assign appropriate career paths for Development AFP instructors.
- Track performance for Development AFP instructors by connecting with program staff and reading staff performance evaluations.
- Work directly with program supervisors to pre and post course to collaborate on plans for Development AFP instructors to progress with their goals.
- Develop written materials for participants and program staff to help them understand the logistics, content, and goals of this program.
- Contribute ideas and feedback for the vision of this program.
- Participate in a semiannual selection process to hire new faculty into the Development AFP Program.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
COVID-19 VACCINE POLICY: All employees that work at NOLS facilities and who have regular contact with other employees and or students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of work, unless they meet a medical, disability or religion exemption and a reasonable accommodation is approved. Any COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) is an acceptable vaccine for the purpose of this policy. Full vaccination or an approved exemption is a condition of employment for all new employees. Employees that work remotely and do not have contact with other employees and or students are not required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption.
WORK LOCATION: This position could be in-person in Lander, WY or remote. Options for remote work are limited to the following U.S. states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado , Idaho, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, New York, New Mexico, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. We can also support an employee in any other country where NOLS has a campus.
CONTRACT DETAILS: Level 3 wages starting at $16.20/hour. This position is budgeted for approximately 60% of the year in the Field Faculty Development Department, with 40% for field courses, classroom courses, or on unpaid leave.
HOW TO APPLY: Email PDF-formatted cover letter and resumé to the Field Faculty Development Lead Jesi Crawford at email@example.com.
Jesi will be in the field from 11/12-12/10. During this time, all questions can be directed to Liz Tuohy at firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: December 12, 2021
START DATE: Early January 2022
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.