JOB TITLE: Custom Education Field Staffing Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Field Staffing Director
JOB OBJECTIVE: The NOLS Custom Education Staffing Coordinator recruits, develops, and hires NOLS faculty to work Custom Education courses. Additionally, they will work as a field staff coordinator, working with the field staffing office, NOLS field instructors, program supervisors, and program directors to support the seasonal hiring, support, development, and oversight of NOLS field faculty.
QUALIFICATIONS: The field staffing office values a range of expertise within the team. Required skills include: commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; mentorship and coaching skills; organization; efficiency in task (and multi-tasking); flexibility; attention to detail; the ability to stay compassionate and solution-oriented in the midst of adversity, uncertainty, and perceived difference; and experience with and/or the ability to learn methods of working with spreadsheet data and tools. NOLS field experience is recommended, program experience is an asset, and familiarity with Custom Education as well as NOLS locations/operating areas is helpful.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Operate as a member of a team that oversees the hiring, development, performance, and promotion of ~800 field faculty. This position indirectly supervises NOLS Custom Education professional and classroom courses as well as Expedition field staff. They will be responsible for the development and tracking of faculty on Custom Education courses.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Obligates NOLS funds as a signer of field staff employment agreements.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Budgeted for up to 80% in the field staffing office and 20% working field or classroom courses or, optionally, on unpaid leave. This percentage may change as the team builds a workable schedule for everyone.
General position responsibilities:
- Manage daily hiring of field faculty, ensuring effective, qualified faculty for each course, focusing on Custom Education courses.
- Communicate regularly with Custom Education team to understand client and course needs.
- Develop seasonal hiring plans, track enrollment, communicate regularly with program staff, write employee agreements, and correspond with field staff.
- Track faculty performance by connecting with program staff and reading staff performance evaluations.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to field faculty, and particularly Custom Ed faculty, regarding performance and career development.
- Contribute to Instructor Course (IC) recruitment process, IC briefings, post-IC student interviews, and assist in prioritizing faculty for training opportunities.
- Use spreadsheet tools like VLOOKUP, QUERY, array formulas, conditional formulas, macros, and ability to write/edit simple Google Sheets API Scripts (similar to VBA in Excel).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS World Headquarters, Lander, Wyoming.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and résumé to Debbie Derbish at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Debbie Derbish with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: January 24, 2020.
STARTING DATE: February 3, 2020 or as soon as possible.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.