JOB TITLE: Creative Project Manager
REPORTS TO: Creative Director
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Creative Project Manager serves as the central point of project work that flows through the marketing department (Creative, Video, Web, and Content teams). This role will manage schoolwide strategic initiatives assigned by the marketing team as well as translate internal client requests into project plans and deliverables (i.e. print, digital, video, and presentation).
To be successful, the Creative Project Manager will engage with schoolwide stakeholders to initiate and manage a wide range of creative projects and marketing campaigns with high-quality outcomes. This includes planning, organizing, managing, and executing projects from beginning to end with a focus on quality, timeliness, and fiscal responsibility. The project scope can vary from single pieces of collateral to multifaceted, multichannel marketing campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, project management, education or similar field preferred.
- 3+ years working in managing, creating and/or developing creative projects.
- Experience managing outsourced vendors to support projects including graphic design, layout, video production, publication, etc.).
- Experience managing direct reports responsible for specific areas of creative project work. Currently this position oversees the Web Content Manager and the Social Media Manager.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and one-on-one -- especially working with remotely located vendors.
- Experience working with project management tools preferred (Flow, Google Suite, etc.).
- Ability to manage a wide range of projects, often with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to set appropriate scope,timeline and expectations, and follow through on the goals to support.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and the ability to work across distributed teams to meet goals.
- Commitment to high standards in project outcomes, both in quality and timeliness.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to NOLS’ mission.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES:
- Supervise outsourced Graphic Designers, Video Producers and Writers.
- Supervise the internal Web Content Manager/Front End Designer and/or the Social Media Manager.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to ensure all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and on budget.
- Define project scope and objectives, with consensus from all internal stakeholders.
- Maintain and update the department project management tool.
- Manage projects to budget.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: The Creative Project Manager oversees the tools, resources, and training budget for the design, writing/content, and video teams. They will also manage our relationship with printers and vendors who we work with on projects. Collectively, these efforts involve budget oversight of approximately $150,000.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for incoming creative marketing requests.
- Oversee projects from start to completion ranging from single component to multifaceted, multichannel marketing campaigns.
- Implement and evolve a working, scalable project management model.
- Develop master marketing and creative project calendar.
- Work with Marketing Director and Assistant Marketing Director to plan project workflow for pop-ups, short-term, and long-term projects.
- Primary keeper of project-level Profit & Loss.
- Work with external vendors to ensure consistent and on-brand deliverables.
- Initiate projects and understand stakeholders’ desired outcomes and needs.
- Work with stakeholders to define goals and set expectations.
- Identify resources needed for a project and ensure that appropriate vendors are selected and coached to the desired outcomes.
- Create individual project plans, choose appropriate methodology, and establish metrics to measure project deliverable success.
- Conduct weekly project meetings/check-ins with Marketing Director/current team.
- Develop and manage project timelines.
- Communicate and report on project status with stakeholders.
- Create accountability among stakeholders for completing projects.
- Report on project outcomes upon completion; when appropriate conduct project debriefs to create on-going learning opportunities.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS World Headquarters, Lander, Wyoming.
HOW TO APPLY: Mail or email cover letter, resume and at least three writing samples/portfolio pieces to:
Assistant Sales and Marketing Director
284 Lincoln Street
Lander, WY 82520
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until filled.
STARTING DATE: TBD
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.