JOB TITLE: Assistant Purchasing Manager & Retail Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Purchasing Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Assist the purchasing manager with the day-to-day operation of the purchasing department. Assist the purchasing manager in supervising fulfillment functions (mailroom and online store). As a retail coordinator, responsibilities are daily operations of NOLS retail sales, including customer service, inventory management, product orders, web maintenance, and financial reporting.
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience in customer service, both internally and externally, with excellent phone etiquette. Possesses the ability to work independently, organize multiple duties, and prioritize workload in a rapidly changing and distracting work environment. Required skills include retail/purchasing experience, strong planning and logistic management, computer literacy, and excellent verbal and written communication. Attention to detail, accuracy, confidentiality required. NOLS work experience and supervising skills helpful but not required. Demonstrates the ability to lift and carry 40 lbs independently.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Oversees the retail assistant and provides support to mailroom clerk. Maintains relationships with NOLS locations and outside organizations to promote the online store.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Assists with managing purchasing commitments involving up to $3 million in annual expenditures. Manages a revolving physical inventory of $400,000. Completes monthly financial reports.
- Location/HQ Purchases: Facilitates placing and receiving orders by email, online, and phone. Communicate with vendors and purchaser regarding discrepancies or availability. Interact with finance department to reconcile order questions or problems. Maintain purchase orders and vendor database. Attention to detail, accuracy, and confidentiality required.
- Retail Customer Service: Provides retail customer service in person, on the phone, or by email. Timeliness and strong verbal & written communication required.
- Inventory Management: Monitors retail inventory levels and orders products as needed. Makes recommendations to the purchasing manager for new products. Facilitates the addition of new products on the website.
- Finance: Completes monthly reporting. Annual inventory count and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS World Headquarters, Lander, Wyoming.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Katie Bingaman
Contact Katie Bingaman with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Position open until filled.
START DATE: November 11, 2018.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.