JOB TITLE: Alumni Relations Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Alumni Relations Director
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Alumni Relations Coordinator builds relationships with NOLS alumni, friends, and families by developing and coordinating alumni events, networks, and communications.
- Firm understanding of NOLS curriculum and mission, and the ability to represent all aspects of NOLS to a variety of audiences
- The ability to work independently, organize multiple duties, and prioritize workload
- Strong communication, teamwork, planning, customer service, and writing skills
- Basic Microsoft Office competence and general database use
- Event programming and/or alumni relations experience
- NOLS alumni and/or instructor status with varied experience
- Web editing, Hubspot, and WordPress skills and experience
LEADERSHIP/SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Networks internally with alumni relations, development, HQ, and location program staff. The position works externally with groups and partners to design, implement, and manage alumni groups, reunions, seminars, and special events. Duties include budget management, electronic and hard copy marketing, planning logistics, participant enrollment, database updates, and applicable risk management. Target database queries and create and coordinate alumni mailings. Give alumni info session talks and facility tours. Assist with alumni publications and all aspects of alumni service. Position may supervise seasonal interns.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Tracks and administers a ~$70,000 budget.
- 45% - Planning, venue booking, staffing, logistics, marketing, hard mailings, Hubspot workflows, web content, enrollment, event materials shipping, evaluation, and execution and follow-up for alumni reunions. Coordinate events with various NOLS offices, locations, alumni groups, and outfitters throughout the country. Follow-up communications with event participants and updating of database information.
- 25% - Provide daily customer service to alumni, trip participants, and walk-ins. Includes online services, trip inquires, and address updates.
- 10% - Production, ordering, data pull and distribution of hard copy and electronic mailings, The Leader, grad supplies, promotion items, and other communication materials. Track associated invoices, budgets, and expenses for the department.
- 10% - Primary lead on several alumni electronic networks, communities, and functions
- Alumni chat lead - book conference rooms and assign alumni chats
- Photo contest selection
- Photo contest selection
- Create content for Alumni e-Newsletter
- Manage Jobsnetwork by approving jobs and addressing troubleshooting for grads.
- Maintain the “Stay Connected,” “Reunions,” and “Benefits” web landing pages.
- Manage and initiate partnerships with appropriate companies and organizations for Alumni benefits. Update benefits in Alumni Portal accordingly.
- Depending on the successful applicant’s skills, additional responsibilities may include managing logistics, marketing, and enrollment and execution of select alumni trips.
- Optional: Up to 10% - NOLS instruction work. Priority is alumni events with the possibility of other courses as office schedule allows.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS Participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: Lander, Wyoming.
HOW TO APPLY: Send a compelling electronic cover letter and résumé to:
Rich Brame, NOLS Alumni Relations Director
284 Lincoln St
Lander, WY, 82520
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: September 14, 2018
STARTING DATE: ~October 15, 2018
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.