JOB TITLE: Admission Officer
REPORTS TO: Senior Admission Officer
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide NOLS program information to prospective students, current students and their parents, alumni, instructors, general public and various staff members. Review and enroll students on appropriate courses. Manage enrollment on assigned rosters to meet NOLS’ strategic goals.
- Passion for NOLS’ mission and excitement for fulfilling it in creative ways
- Represent and positively promote NOLS Expedition courses
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for and ability to connect with a wide variety of individuals
- Must demonstrate exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to build rapport quickly in person as well as through phone conversation and personal correspondence with a wide audience
- Must demonstrate a propensity for self-leadership
- Excellent “expedition behavior” and “vision and action”
- Collaborate to work effectively in both a team environment and independently
- Intermediate computer knowledge and willingness to learn required systems
- Experience with Help Scout, Asana and chat platforms preferred
- Exceptional writing and editing is a must
- NOLS graduate or other significant outdoor education experience required
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: There is no direct supervision but this person requires cooperative skills. Must demonstrate the ability to balance working with the admissions and marketing team while also remaining self-directed, seeking feedback, articulating needs, and maintaining a degree of ownership and responsibility.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for securing expedition deposits and tuition installments in a timely fashion, and for accurately communicating financial status of a student's account and of the transfer and cancellation policies. Indirectly responsible for significant amounts of tuition revenue.
50% Communicate with prospective and enrolled students through phone and electronic correspondence. This involves answering questions pertinent to the NOLS program, equipment, courses, tuition, etc. Provide information on financial aid and college credit.
30% Contact students via the telephone, email, chat and text for application follow up, medical information, registration forms, available openings in appropriate courses and tuition payment. Implement NOLS’ policies regarding medical clearance for course and cancellation policies. Communicate with NOLS locations regarding student updates.
15% Manage course rosters by ensuring students are making progress on their applications. Responsible for documenting student status and updating Senior Admission Officer as requested. Assist students in changing their student status: Course transfers, cancellations, enrollment from waiting lists, available openings.
5% Perform special projects and duties as assigned.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
WORK LOCATION: Lander, Wyoming
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and résumé to: Kristen Brown, Senior Admission Officer, email@example.com
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: February 28, 2018
STARTING DATE: mid-March
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.