JOB TITLE: Rocky Mountain Rations Assistant - Summer Seasonal
REPORTS TO: Rocky Mountain Rations Manager and/or Assistant Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Assist in the NOLS Rocky Mountain rations (field food) department. Provide nutritious food and promote a friendly, inclusive, and welcoming culture. Aid in educating on basic nutrition, meal planning, and on the NOLS bulk rationing system.
- Desire to learn about bulk field rations, field cooking, and nutrition.
- Effective communication skills and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively on a team and follow through with tasks independently.
- Positive, friendly approach to student-service.
- Hard-working, detail-oriented, and committed to excellence.
- Ability to work flexible and irregular hours, with a goal of maintaining a 40-hour work week.
- Able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Supervise faculty, staff, students, and the public while they are in the food room.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible and accountable for transactions placed through the cash register.
- Bag and divide course rations and re-rations.
- Receive and put away food orders.
- Restock bulk food bins.
- Facilitate informative meetings with instructors regarding the rationing process.
- Supervise instructors and students throughout the rationing process.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and sanitary rations facility.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Rocky Mountain rations manager.
- Provide timely and growth-oriented feedback to supervisors and co-workers.
- Assist with public food sales.
- Others duties as assigned.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy: All employees that work at NOLS facilities and who have regular contact with other employees and or students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of work, unless they meet a medical, disability or religion exemption and a reasonable accommodation is approved. Any COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) is an acceptable vaccine for the purpose of this policy. Full vaccination or an approved exemption is a condition of employment for all new employees. Employees that work remotely and do not have contact with other employees and or students are not required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Rocky Mountain, Lander, WY. This is a salaried summer seasonal position. The position will plan on 40 hours of work per week, with occasional weekend hours. Housing available for a small fee.
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume to Justin Kobylt, NOLS Rocky Mountain Rations Manager.
Contact: Justin with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: February 18, 2022.
STARTING DATE: May/June through August/September, 2022.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting thislink.