INTERNSHIP TITLE: Web Intern
REPORTS TO: Web Content Administrator
INTERNSHIP LOCATION: NOLS International Headquarters, Lander, Wyoming.
DATES OF INTERNSHIP:
- January–June (Application deadline: September 21, 2018)
- June–January (Application deadline: April 22, 2019)
INTERNSHIP QUALIFICATIONS: Must be hard-working, positive, and a quick learner who is eager to take on any project. A front-end web development degree, interactive communication technology degree, design degree or related experience with a strong eye for detail and ability to multi-task is preferred. Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator is a plus. NOLS graduate preferred (but not required).
- Add a variety of work to your design and web portfolio
- Gain experience developing landing pages in Hubspot and improving the NOLS website through the Django CMS platform
- Gain knowledge of SEO best practices and preparing image and graphic files for web
- Opportunity to play a role in UX projects as well as perform user testing
- Opportunity to play a role in our re-branding process
- Assisting with administrative duties for the Creative Department
- Polish communication skills by working with various departments around the school on projects
- Learn how to effectively work with an in-house Creative Department and work closely with a small design team
- Attend staff seminars where openings exist
- Receive up to a 50-percent discount on the equivalent of a Wind River Wilderness course*
- Receive one additional week off to be applied towards a personal wilderness trip
A weekly stipend of $125/week.
Free rentals for the employee or immediate family members.
College credit available if requested.
Interns should not expect a paid position at the conclusion of the internship.
*Should the intern choose a more expensive course, the maximum discount will be 50 percent of the cost of a Wind River Wilderness course. The intern must complete a course within a year from the end of the internship.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required.
E-VERIFY: NOLS Participates in E-Verify.
Must be a U.S. resident to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter, resume, and a link to your website portfolio to:
Nikole Wohlmacher, Web Content Administrator
USPS: 284 Lincoln Street; Lander, WY 82520
Contact Nikole with questions.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by completing this survey.