INTERNSHIP TITLE: Video Production Intern
SUPERVISOR TITLE: Senior Video Producer
LOCATION: NOLS World Headquarters, Lander, Wyoming.
INTERNSHIP OBJECTIVE: The NOLS Video Production Internship is a six-month position in the creative department at an international nonprofit. The internship provides an opportunity to experience a wide range of photo/video production and editing opportunities. Candidates must have a strong sense of filmmaking and bring post-production abilities and an enthusiasm for communicating in an effective and lively manner. You'll be an integral part of creating video content used for education and marketing across a worldwide audience.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be hard-working, positive, and a quick learner who is eager to take on any project. Must have video production degree or related experience with a strong eye for detail and ability to multitask. Must have strong post-production skills and creativity with experience in Adobe Premiere and Lightroom. Photography skills and backcountry experience are a plus.
- Gain experience in pitching, storyboarding and pre-production on a large variety of projects.
- Add a variety of outdoor work to your reel/portfolio.
- Hone technical skills with an array of video production equipment.
- Learn techniques in field photography/videography with opportunities to join and film on NOLS courses.
- Learn how to effectively work with an in-house creative department and work closely with a small design team.
- Polish communication skills and learn in-depth about outdoor education by working with various departments around the school on projects.
- Assist with administrative duties for the creative department, including but not limited to, photographer imports, photo payments, file management, and metadata.
- Receive up to 50% off a select NOLS expedition course*.
- Attend staff seminars where openings exist.
- Receive one additional week off to be applied towards a personal wilderness trip.
- Recieve a weekly stipend of $125/week. Free rental charges for the employee or immediate family members.
- College credit available if requested. Interns should not expect a paid position at the conclusion of the internship.
- Dorm-style housing included for winter internships, next to NOLS HQ.
*Should the intern choose a more expensive course, the maximum discount will be 50 percent of the cost of a Wind River Wilderness course. The intern must complete a course within a year from the end of their internship.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Kirk Rasmussen.
Contact Kirk Rasmussen with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: August 5, 2019.
STARTING DATE: October 2019.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.