INTERNSHIP TITLE: Public Relations and Marketing Intern
SUPERVISOR TITLE: Public Relations and Partnerships Manager
INTERNSHIP LOCATION: NOLS International Headquarters, Lander, Wyoming.
DATES OF INTERNSHIP:
January to June - Deadline: September 15
June to January - Deadline: March 15
INTERNSHIP OBJECTIVE: The public relations and marketing intern is responsible for supporting the public relations and partnerships manager with all aspects of media for NOLS. This includes preparing and assisting with local NOLS news stories, writing and distributing student press releases, assisting with NOLS social media and blog efforts, researching and developing content for various marketing materials, participating in brainstorm sessions and informative team meetings, and supporting the traveling team with materials.
INTERNSHIP QUALIFICATIONS: Must be willing to work in a team atmosphere. Excellent written and verbal skills are a must. Having the ability to adjust priorities quickly is required. A NOLS grad is preferred but not required. Looking for a six-month commitment to this position.
- Polish communication skills by assisting with internal website development and writing weekly blog updates
- Gain experience in setting up and maintaining online social media networks
- Assist with establishing sustainability education initiatives and create a long-term project that helps meet school sustainability strategic goals
- Assist with program administrative and facilities maintenance tasks as needed
- Coordinate NOLS participation in community events
- Participate in the instructor briefing and debriefing process
- Improve your public speaking skills by presenting information to students informally or formally through classes
- Participate in NOLS school meetings and trainings (as availability allows)
- Hone your writing skills by writing articles for the alumni magazine and blog
- Learn about public relations by working with the public relations team on projects
- Learn about the outfitting process by issuing of gear for students prior to their course
- Learn about marketing by assisting with special marketing projects
- Learn about wilderness medicine by participating in wilderness medicine scenarios
- Participate in outdoor trips with NOLS employees to develop technical skills
- College credit may be available.
A weekly stipend of $125/week is provided to help defray expenses incurred during the internship.
Interns should not expect a paid position at the conclusion of the internship.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required.
E-VERIFY: NOLS Participates in E-Verify.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter, writing sample and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.