INTERNSHIP TITLE: NOLS Three Peaks Ranch Intern
SUPERVISOR: NOLS Three Peaks Ranch Manager
INTERNSHIP LOCATION: NOLS Three Peaks Ranch, Boulder, WY.
DATES OF INTERNSHIP: Late May/ early June–mid-August 2020. This is an 8–12 week internship (flexible).
INTERNSHIP OBJECTIVE: Interns will work with NOLS Three Peaks Ranch staff on projects that support operations. Intern responsibilities and projects are designed to meet skills and interests of the intern.
- A strong work ethic, communication skills, and self-motivation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic environment, and adjust priorities quickly.
- Desire to learn, live, and work in a small community, and maintain a positive, hard-working environment.
- Experience in some of the following skills is preferred: outdoors, horsemanship, and/or construction skills.
PROFESSIONAL AND EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES:
Potential projects/ responsibilities may include:
- Learn about and pack food and equipment into remote areas.
- Be educated on and assist with Three Peaks operations that possibly include: irrigation, horse care, gear maintenance, course outfitting, facilities maintenance, etc.
- Assist with vehicle inspections, loading, and transporting people and stock.
- Work with project horses in the NOLS herd; this may include groundwork, footwork, riding, exercising, and/or training, as directed.
- Support operational logistics and transportation tasks.
- Complete a project, to be determined with the ranch manager.
- Be educated on and assist with Three Peaks program.
- Be a resource to instructors, students, and visitors.
- Maintain communication, and work closely and effectively in a team setting with others.
- Maintain and develop positive relations with local businesses and community.
College credit may be available.
A weekly stipend of $125/week is provided to help defray expenses incurred during the internship. Private housing and food is provided on-site. Kitchen and living areas are communal.
Interns should not expect a paid position at the conclusion of the internship.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the internship start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
HOW TO APPLY: Email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to McKenzie Woolley, NOLS Three Peaks Ranch Manager.
Contact McKenzie Woolley with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: January 17, 2020.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.