INTERNSHIP TITLE: NOLS Three Peaks Ranch Intern
SUPERVISOR: NOLS Three Peaks Ranch Manager
INTERNSHIP LOCATION: NOLS Three Peaks Ranch, Boulder, WY.
DATES OF INTERNSHIP: Late May/early June - mid-August 2022. This is an 8 - 12 week internship. (Flexible)
INTERNSHIP OBJECTIVE: Interns will work with NOLS Three Peaks Ranch staff on projects that support operations. Intern responsibilities and projects are designed to meet skills and interests of the intern.
- A strong work ethic, communication skills and self-motivation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic environment, and adjust priorities quickly.
- Desire to learn, live and work in a small community, and maintain a positive, hard-working environment.
- Experience in some of the following skills: outdoors, horsemanship, and/or construction skills.
PROFESSIONAL AND EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES:
Potential projects/ responsibilities may include:
● Learn about and pack food and equipment into remote areas.
● Be educated on and assist with Three Peaks operations that possibly include: irrigation, horse care, gear maintenance, course outfitting, facilities maintenance, etc.
● Learn how to do vehicle inspections, load, and transport people and stock.
● Learn how to work with project horses in the NOLS herd. This could include groundwork, footwork, riding, exercising, and/or training, as directed.
● Learn about operational logistics and transportation tasks.
● Complete an intern project, to be determined with the ranch manager.
● Be educated on and assist with the Three Peaks programming.
● Be a resource to instructors, students and visitors.
● Maintain communication, and work closely and effectively in a team setting with others.
● Maintain and develop positive relations with local businesses and community.
College Credit may be available.
A weekly stipend of $100/week is provided to help defray expenses incurred during the internship. Private housing and food is provided on-site. Kitchen and living areas are communal. NOLS will subsidize travel expenses to get to the ranch.
Interns should not expect a paid position at the conclusion of the internship.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the internship start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
COVID-19 VACCINE POLICY: All employees that work at NOLS facilities and who have regular contact with other employees and or students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of work, unless they meet a medical, disability or religion exemption and a reasonable accommodation is approved. Any COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) is an acceptable vaccine for the purpose of this policy. Full vaccination or an approved exemption is a condition of employment for all new employees. Employees that work remotely and do not have contact with other employees and or students are not required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption.
HOW TO APPLY: Email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to McKenzie Woolley, NOLS Three Peaks Ranch Manager.
Contact: McKenzie Woolley with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: January 3, 2022
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.