INTERNSHIP TITLE: Graphic Design Intern
SUPERVISOR TITLE: Senior Graphic Designer
INTERNSHIP LOCATION: NOLS International Headquarters, Lander, Wyoming.
DATES OF INTERNSHIP:
January 2018–July 2018 (Application Deadline - Oct. 29th - Currently Closed)
March 2018–September 2018 (Application Deadline - Nov 10th - Currently Closed)
July 2018–January 2019 (Application Deadline - April 29th)
September 2018–March 2019 (Application Deadline - April 29th)
INTERNSHIP OBJECTIVE: The NOLS Graphic Design Internship is a six-month position in the creative department at an international nonprofit. The internship provides an opportunity to experience a wide range of design and layout projects. Candidates must have a strong sense of design and bring production abilities and an enthusiasm for communicating in an effective and lively manner. You'll be an integral part of creating printed pieces from conception to layout to press.
INTERNSHIP QUALIFICATIONS: Must be hard-working, positive, and a quick learner who is eager to take on any project. Graphic design degree or related experience with a strong eye for detail and ability to multi-task. Have strong production skills and experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Photo editing skills are a plus. NOLS graduate preferred (but not required).
- Add a variety of work to your design portfolio
- Gain experience with preparing layout files for press, and become more familiar with the larger process of printing by bidding projects with printers, reviewing printer proofs, and attending a press check
- Gain experience designing a large variety of projects from infographics to layout to web ads
- Receive up to a 50-percent discount on the equivalent of a Wind River Wilderness course*
- Attend staff seminars where openings exist.
- Receive one additional week off to be applied towards a personal wilderness trip
- Learn how to effectively work with a in-house creative department and work closely with a small design team
- Polish communication skills by working with various departments around the school on projects
- Opportunity to play a role in our re-branding process
- Opportunity to play a role in UX design projects as well as perform user testing Assisting with layout and production of The Leader, the 32-page publication that goes out three times a year to NOLS alumni
- Assisting with administrative duties for the creative department, including but not limited to photographer photo payments
- A weekly stipend of $125/week. Free rental charges for the employee or immediate family members. College credit available if requested. Interns should not expect a paid position at the conclusion of the internship.
*Should the intern choose a more expensive course, the maximum discount will be 50 percent of the cost of a Wind River Wilderness course. The intern must complete a course within a year from the end of their internship.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required.
E-VERIFY: NOLS Participates in E-Verify
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume, and a link to your website portfolio to:
Senior Graphic Designer
USPS: 284 Lincoln Street
Lander, WY 82520
Contact Eryn with questions
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.