INTERNSHIP TITLE: Graphic Design Internship
SUPERVISOR TITLE: Senior Graphic Designer
INTERNSHIP LOCATION: NOLS Headquarters, Lander, Wyoming.
INTERNSHIP OBJECTIVE: The NOLS Graphic Design Internship is a six-month position in the NOLS Creative department at an international nonprofit. We are a fun and lively group that values community and self-development. The internship provides an opportunity to experience a wide range of design and layout projects. You should possess a strong sense of design for web and print and bring an enthusiasm for communicating in an effective and lively manner. You'll be an integral part of crafting and collaborating on printed pieces ranging from conception to building a layout and finalizing with press.
INTERNSHIP QUALIFICATIONS: Are you hard-working, positive, and a self-starter who is eager to pursue any project? Do you have a degree in graphic design or related experience with a strong eye for detail and ability to meet deadlines? If you meet these qualifications and have strong production skills and experience with Adobe Creative Suite we want you on our team!
- Add a variety of work to your design portfolio, ranging from print to web, and collaborate with fellow designers to improve your skill set.
- Gain real-world experience with preparing layout files for press, and become more familiar with the larger process of printing by bidding projects with printers and reviewing printer proofs.
- Grow as an individual by working on a large variety of projects including infographics, newsletters, signage, landing pages, ads, and more.
- Perfect and build leadership skills by attending NOLS leadership seminars.
- Receive one additional week off to be applied towards a personal wilderness trip or vacation.
- Receive up to a 50 percent discount on the equivalent of a Wind River Wilderness course.*
- Learn how to effectively work with an in-house creative department and communicate closely with a skilled design team and in-house clients.
- Polish interpersonal skills by working with various departments around the school on projects.
- Get a chance to create projects that help share and promote the NOLS mission.
- Have the opportunity to play a role in UX design projects as well as perform user testing and interviews.
- Assist with layout and production of The Leader, the 32-page newsletter publication that goes out two times a year to NOLS alumni.
- Assist with administrative duties for the creative department including, but not limited to, leading project schedules.
- Free gear rentals for the employee or immediate family members during the months of November-April.
*Should the intern choose a more expensive course, the maximum discount will be 50 percent of the cost of a Wind River Wilderness course. The intern must complete a course within a year from the end of their internship.
College credit may be available.
A weekly stipend of $125/week ($100/ week for locations provided housing and meals) is provided to help defray expenses incurred during the internship.
Interns should not expect a paid position at the conclusion of the internship.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required.
E-VERIFY: NOLS Participates in E-Verify.
Must be a U.S. resident to apply.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume, and a link to your website portfolio to Kristen Lovelace, NOLS Senior Graphic Designer.
284 Lincoln Street
Lander, WY 82520
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications accepted on an ongoing basis.
STARTING DATE: Please include your preferred starting date with your application.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.