JOB TITLE: Field Staffing Office Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Field Staffing Director
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Field Staffing Office Administrative Assistant provides centralized operational support to the Field Staffing Office (FSO) and field faculty. They ensure a seamless employment experience for field faculty. They serve as the central point for coordination of information and requests coming into and leaving the FSO to support other managers, the director, and 600+ field faculty. Coordinate with field staffing team and program staff at NOLS campus locations to ensure hired faculty have appropriate credentials and pre-course requirements to instruct NOLS field courses.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve in order to streamline tasks and manage a high volume of detail with accuracy.
- Experience working independently, organize multiple duties, while coordinating work product with a large team.
- Excellent computer skills, preferably MAC OS, word documents, and Excel and Google spreadsheets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. The ability to handle sensitive communications with confidentiality and integrity is essential.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: This person will develop, maintain, and improve the Field Staffing team’s office systems, with primary responsibility for ensuring the timely payment of field faculty and faculty have proper certifications for their field work.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Ensures accurate payment of field faculty contracts, ~$4M expenses annually. Process and maintain financial records including requisitions and reimbursements for trainings. Will support Field Staffing Logistics Coordinator in purchase of faculty travel.
- Oversee and execute processes by which field faculty are paid for work, including tracking specific budget lines.
- Support the staffing coordinators in the contracting process.
- Manage the faculty personnel files including building new personnel files, filing instructor paperwork and archiving old files.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining current and past personnel information, including creating and refining monthly data reports.
- Process field faculty employment contracts.
- Track faculty certifications in NOLS database. Manage and systematize the reporting of credentials - CPR, WFR, conflict of interest, security form, tax home, COVID vaccinations and tests, etc. Ensure that certifications are current prior to the start of a contract.
- Manages Field Staffing office daily operations, including responding to inquiries from field faculty and prospective field faculty and training new field staffing coordinators on systems and processes.
- Approve Tier Discounts for WFR re-certifications for field staff.
- Supports Field Staffing Office in tracking instructor availability, openings, and other relevant data via spreadsheets and other tools.
- Processes NOLS-sponsored professional development funds reimbursements or awards for programs such as Annual Field Faculty, Instructor Development and Pete Absolon Fund designees, and Homer Luther recipients.
- Administrator of department intranet site, calendars, Google groups, Google Drive, email group lists, Google Drive, etc.
- Support the Field Staffing Director and managers as needed.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
WORK LOCATION: Lander, WY
The starting pay range for this position is $13.65 to $15.00 per hour, dependent on experience. Other benefits include: 403 B, 403 B contribution after one year, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending account, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time off.
COVID POLICY: All employees who are not working remotely and who have regular contact with other employees or students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they meet a medical, disability or religion exemption and a reasonable accommodation is approved. Any COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) is an acceptable vaccine for the purpose of this policy. Full vaccination or an approved exemption is a condition of employment for all new employees as applicable.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to: Debbie Derbish, NOLS Operations Office Manager
Contact: Field Staffing Director Toby Briggs with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
STARTING DATE: October 2021
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.