Job Title: Expedition Education Special Projects Manager
Reports to: Expedition Education Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: To support NOLS expedition faculty in delivering exceptional student experiences. Oversee the development and implementation of special projects pertaining to expedition curriculum including curriculum resources and educational tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are needed.
- Initiative, creativity, problem-solving ability, and ability to assess curriculum materials with an equity and inclusion lens are essential.
- Ability to work independently and proactively within the larger department and the school is crucial.
- Preferred experience as NOLS field instructor with a consistent record of strong field performance
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: This position has direct oversight of project staff (specifically curriculum authors) and projects.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for project budgets totaling up to $10,000 annually.
- Participate in the design and management of systems for sharing online expedition curriculum resources (those created and/or collected by instructors, locations, and HQ departments).
- Maintain and distribute supplies of printed expedition curriculum materials (educator notebooks).
- Write and edit curriculum resources and/or oversee authors on curriculum projects.
- Participate in efforts to assess and improve expedition class lists and student evaluations schoolwide in alignment with NOLS Learning Goals and Objectives.
- Help assess expedition course quality by maintaining and analyzing the Course Quality Survey.
- Participate in leadership seminar curriculum maintenance and teach some of these seminars if qualified (includes IC classroom days, LEADS, iLEADS, FADS, CCS).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS Participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: Lander, WY, or this position could be remote. Options for remote work are limited to the following U.S. states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, New York, New Mexico, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. We can also support an employee in any other country where NOLS has a campus.
CONTRACT DETAILS: This position is budgeted for approximately 75%, and 25% working courses or on unpaid leave. The starting pay for this position is $35,658 ($26,676 for 75% in-town time), depending on experience. Other benefits include: 403 B, 403 B contribution after one year, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending account, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off.
COVID POLICY: All employees who are not working remotely and who have regular contact with other employees or students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they meet a medical, disability or religion exemption and a reasonable accommodation is approved. Any COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) is an acceptable vaccine for the purpose of this policy. Full vaccination or an approved exemption is a condition of employment for all new employees as applicable.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send PDF-formated cover Letter and Resume to: Expedition Education Manager, Shannon Rochelle, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Shannon Rochelle with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: October 27, 2021
STARTING DATE: Fall 2021
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.