JOB TITLE: NOLS Wilderness Medicine Institute (WMI) WEMT Admissions Officer
REPORTS TO: NOLS Wilderness Medicine Institute (WMI) Admissions Supervisor
JOB OBJECTIVE: Oversee student enrollments for WEMT (Wilderness Emergency Medical Technician) Courses to include registrations and financial transactions. Provide customer service support for all WMI students. Act as back up to WMI Admissions Supervisor and Student Services Representative.
QUALIFICATIONS: The WEMT Admissions Officer must be able to present a vibrant, positive and helpful attitude to inquiries, whether by email or over the phone. The WEMT Admissions Officer must have the ability to manage large volumes of detail in an accurate and timely manner. Must be comfortable with email, word processing and database applications. Must be able to confidently communicate policies.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: There is no direct supervision but this person requires cooperative skills in a team environment. Additionally, this position interacts regularly with WMI Instructors, WMI Sponsors and external credit agencies
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for processing funds associated with student tuition monies and tracking monies owed to external credit granting agencies.
- 35% - Enroll students and NOLS employees for courses, record payments and send pre-course information with enrollment confirmation. Support alternative course tuition payment processes such as AmeriCorps, scholarships and the GI Bill. Submit grades to appropriate educational institutions. Communicate with instructors regarding course status, roster updates, and specialized student situations/needs and provide them with graduate packs and diplomas.
- 25% - Contact students via the telephone or email for enrollment follow up, including incomplete applications, balance payment, tuition protection enrollment, pre-requisites and required reading. Request textbooks from publisher and ship to students.
- 20% - Assist students in changing their enrollment status: Course transfers, cancellations/refunds, and enrollment from wait lists. Manage exception requests.
- 15% - Communicate with prospective students through email, live chat and phone. Answer WMI general phone line when the Student Services Representative is unavailable. Answer questions pertinent to the WMI program, including courses, tuitions, lodging, recertification, and refund policies.
- 5% - Support Admissions department with projects and serve as the Admissions Supervisor backup.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required of all NOLS employees
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
WORK LOCATION: WMI Offices, NOLS Headquarters, Lander, WY
HOW TO APPLY: Send, fax or email cover letter and résumé to:
WMI Admissions Supervisor
284 Lincoln St, Lander WY, 82520
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: April 1, 2013
STARTING DATE: May 6, 2013