Travel and Lodging for WRMC 2013
Recommended Travel Days
The WRMC events begin at 5:00 p.m. on Monday, September 30th with the exhibitor's reception followed by the opening session and award ceremony. WRMC events will conclude with the keynote dinner and address around 9:00 p.m. Wednesday evening, October 2nd. Pre-conference events will take place September 28th-30th. We recommend you arrive the day before your first event and depart on October 3rd.
A room block has been reserved at Jackson Lake Lodge for the 2013 Wilderness Risk Management Conference.
To reserve your room, please call Jackson Lake Lodge directly at 1-800-628-9988 and identify yourself with the “Wilderness Risk Management Conference.”
Accommodations are as follows:
Classic Cottage* - $119.00 (plus 8% tax) per night
Rooms are reserved on a first come, first served basis. Deadline for WRMC room rate is August 27, 2013.
Update on 8/27/13: Jackson Lake Lodge has extended our room rate until Friday, Aug. 30, although it is based entirely on availability. Plenty of rooms at our rate are available on all nights but Wednesday, Oct. 2. Very few cottages are left on that night. Once they are gone, the Lodge will offer mountain view rooms at $199/night.
Other Lodging Options: (Click here to download map of Grand Teton National Park.)
- Heart 6 Guest Ranch Located about 10 miles from Jackson Lake Lodge on Highway 287, 5 miles east of Moran Junction. They are a pretty small operation, but had about 7 cabins available on Aug. 27. Cabins for 2-4 start at $129/night and for 6 at $259/night. heartsix.com 888-543-2477
- Signal Mountain Campground
About 5 miles south of Jackson Lake Lodge on Teton Park Road. 86 sites; no reservations, first come, first served; not too busy in late September, early October. Phone: 800-672-6012
The airport closest to Jackson Lake Lodge is Jackson Hole Airport (airport code: JAC). Jackson Hole is serviced by American, Delta, Frontier, Skywest, and United airlines.
Transportation to Jackson Lake Lodge
To get from Jackson Hole Airport (JAC) to Jackson Lake Lodge, we recommend the following:
- Rental Car Options: The following rental care agencies are located on the airport grounds:
- National 307-733-0671 | 800-227-7368 |
- Alamo 307-733-0671 | 800-327-9633 |
- Avis 307-733-3422 | 800-831-2847 |
- Hertz 307-733-2272 | 800-654-3131 |
- Shuttle Service: Alltrans, Inc. offers shuttle service at the rate of $47.70 USD per person per way. This rate includes tax, but does NOT include the park entrance pass fee. Park passes are $12.00 USD per individual riding the shuttle and must be paid at the park gate upon entry. Attendees may book their airport shuttle service directly through Alltrans by calling 1-800-443-6133. Or book online at: www.jacksonholealltrans.com
National Park Entrance Fee
There is a $25.00 USD per car at the park gate upon entry. This covers all passengers in the car. Visit http://www.nps.gov/grte/planyourvisit
/feesandreservations.htm for more information about park fees. If you are planning to travel to other National Parks, you might want to consider the annual pass.
Your registration fee includes the following food: appetizers at the Exhibitor reception, coffee and snacks during morning and afternoon breaks, and a meal at the Keynote dinner.
For your convenience, Jackson Lake Lodge is offering breakfast and lunch buffets on Tuesday and Wednesday in the Mural Dining Room. Here are other onsite dining options:
NOTE: The cottages are not furnished with refrigerators. If you plan to bring your own cold item foods, you'll need to bring a cooler.