Travel and Lodging for WRMC 2015
WRMC 2015 Welcome Letter (PDF)
Recommended Travel Days
The WRMC events begin at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 14th with the exhibitor's reception followed by the opening session and award ceremony. WRMC events will conclude with the keynote dinner and address around 9:00 p.m. Friday evening, October 16th. Pre-conference events will take place October 12-14. We recommend you arrive the day before your first event and depart on October 17th.
Portland International Airport (PDX)
Red Lion on the River Jantzen Beach
909 N. Hayden Island Drive
Portland, OR 97217
The hotel is offering WRMC attendees a discounted rate of $126/night (standard single or double) or $136/night (premium single or double). Rooms are available on a first-come first served basis. Deadline for discount is September 20, 2015.
A dedicated booking website has been created for the WRMC so that you may make and manage your hotel reservations online: https://resweb.passkey.com/go/WRMC2015
Transportation to the Hotel
To get from Portland Airport (PDX) to the Red Lion Hotel on the River, we recommend the following:
- Shuttle Service: Red Lion Hotel on the River offers free shuttle service for guests staying at the hotel. Shuttle pick up is outside of the baggage claim area Kiosk 4 (Hotel transportation) and picks up on the hour. Prior to picking up your luggage, call the hotel direct at (503) 283-4466 and let the front desk know you are waiting. Click here for PDX terminal map.
- Taxi: Taxi services are available at the airport and cost up to $40 each way.
- Rental Car: All major rental car companies can be found at PDX. Please use individual company booking pages to reserve your rental car.
- Click here for all PDX Ground Transportation options.
Take Airport Way East to I-205
Take I-205 North toward Seattle
Take Highway 14 West to Vancouver
Take I-5 South into Oregon
Take the first exit over the bridge (Exit #308)
Turn right and go under the bridge
The hotel is on the left
Take Exit #308 (Jantzen Beach Exit)
The hotel is located on the east side of the freeway
Transportation from hotel and Downtown Portland:
- Public Transportation: The Max Light Rail is available throughout the city. The Max Station nearest to the hotel is Delta Park on the Yellow line. The hotel shuttle can take you there or pick you up in about 5 minutes. The Yellow line will take you to the City Center. Visit the TriMet website for more information, maps, and schedules: http://trimet.org/
Your registration fee includes appetizers at the Exhibitor Reception on opening night, coffee and snacks during morning and afternoon breaks on Thursday and Friday, and a meal at the Keynote Dinner on Friday night.
For your convenience we are offering an optional Meal Plan that includes a breakfast and lunch on Thursday and Friday. The cost of the meal plan is $55 and can be reserved during registration or by contacting WRMC staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or (307) 335-2222.
Other dining options:
- The hotel has two restaurants and a coffee shop.
- A grocery store and several restaurants are within walking distance of the hotel. Each room is equipped with a refrigerator.