Travel and Lodging for WRMC 2014
Recommended Travel Days
The WRMC events begin at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 1st with the exhibitor's reception followed by the opening session and award ceremony. WRMC events will conclude with the keynote dinner and address around 9:00 p.m. Friday evening, October 3rd. Pre-conference events will take place September 29th-October 1st. We recommend you arrive the day before your first event and depart on October 4th.
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort
4021 Lakeview Drive
Stone Mountain, GA 30083
The hotel is offering WRMC attendees a discounted rate of $135/night for single or double occupancy. Rooms are available with a king bed or two double beds, and given on a first-come first served basis. Deadline for discount is September 5, 2014.
A dedicated booking website has been created for the WRMC so that you will be able to make, modify, and cancel your hotel reservations online: http://cwp.marriott.com/atleg/wrmc/
For upgrades and triple/quadruple occupancy, call 770-879-9900 to reserve your room.
Other Lodging Options:
- Room Sharing: Contact your fellow attendees on the WRMC group page to see if anyone would like to share a room.
- Camping: Stone Mountain Park Campground, located in Stone Mountain Park, has 431 campsites – 202 with full hook-ups (water/electric/sewer) for RVs; 191 partial hook-ups (water/electric) for tents, pop-ups and RVs; plus 56 primitive tent sites.
It is recommended that you make a reservation. Phone: 1-800-385-9807; Website: http://www.stonemountainpark.com/camping
Transportation to Hotel
Many ground transportation options are available at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL).
ATL Ground Transportation: http://www.atlanta-airport.com/Passenger/GroundTransportation/
- Rental Car: Most rental car agencies are available at ATL. You can get the best deals by using travel sites like expedia.com, kayak.com, priceline.com, etc.
- Taxi Service: Estimated one-way fare is around $85. Taxicab service is located in the Yellow Bus Aisle or call 404-530-3498.
Park Fees and Parking:
The $10 gate fee is waived for WRMC attendees. Parking at the Evergreen Marriott is complimentary.
From Airport: 36.8 miles, 39 min driving
- Get on I-85 S (1.4 mi)
- Take 1-285 and US-78E to Jefferson Davis Dr. Take exit 8 from US-78E. (32.6 mi)
- Take Stonewall Jackson Dr to Lakeview Dr (2.8 mi)
- Merge onto Jefferson Davis Dr (489 ft)
- Turn left onto Stonewall Jackson Dr (2.4 mi)
- Turn right onto Lakeview Dr (.02 mi)
- Take the 1st right to stay on Lakeview Dr (.02 mi)
- Destination will be on the right
From Downtown: 20.6 miles, 32 min driving
- Take US-78 E to Jefferson Davis Dr. Take exit 8 from US-78 E/Stone Mountain Fwy (15.2 mi)
- Exit Stonewall Jackson Drive, Exit 8 (2.8 mi)
- Turn left onto Stonewall Jackson Drive (2.4 mi)
- Turn right onto Lakeview Drive (.2 mi)
- Destination will be on the right.
Your registration fee includes the following food: appetizers at the exhibitor reception, coffee and snacks during morning and afternoon breaks, and a meal at the keynote dinner.
Dining Options at Atlanta Evergreen Marriott:
- Waterside Restaurant offers daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner buffets.
- Mountain Brew Café serves light fare, including breakfast and hand crafted salads and sandwiches.
- Poolside Grill offers burgers, sandwiches, and salads for quick lunches.
- Stonewall’s Lounge is open for dinner and offers light fare.
- The Commons, located in the golf clubhouse (2 miles down the road), is open for lunch and dinner.
- Snack foods are available at the general store and each room is equipped with a small refrigerator.