AmeriCorps Education Award with WSCU
Applying for an AmeriCorps Education Award for your NOLS course
1. Apply to NOLS.
- Be sure to tell your NOLS admissions officer that you have an AmeriCorps award.
2. Complete the Western State Colorado University (WSCU) NOLS Registration Packet and forward it to WSCU Extended University Studies program.
- An agreement with WSCU allows AmeriCorps participants to receive WSCU credit and use their educational stipends for NOLS courses.
3. Send your completed AmeriCorps voucher to WSCU online.
- WSCU will submit your voucher to the U.S. Government for payment before your course begins.
- WSCU will retain the cost for college credit awarded for your course and forward the remainder to NOLS.
Frequently Asked Questions
May I use my AmeriCorps Education Award toward any NOLS course?
Yes. You can apply your award to any NOLS course.
Is there a cost to use my AmeriCorps award?
You must pay WSCU tuition and fees per credit hour. WSCU will retain that cost from your AmeriCorps award. Most NOLS programs are 2- to 12-credit programs. The WSCU per credit cost is $55.
What NOLS expenses will my AmeriCorps award cover?
Your AmeriCorps award will pay for your NOLS tuition and equipment deposit.
Will my WSCU credits transfer to my current school?
That depends on your school! Find more information about WSCU's credits here.