NOLS Alumni Photo Contest!
Photo contest in two parts: monthly themes and annual calendar.
Beginning in March 2016 we want to see your course photos! Each month will have a different theme that exemplifies the NOLS experience. Each month will have a winning photo that will be posted on the website and a prize will be sent to each monthly winner.
In June we will choose from our pool of photos for the 2017 NOLS Annual Fund Calendar. In the fall, the calendar gets sent out to over 30,000+ graduates, parents and supporters of the NOLS showing the vast reach and impact of a NOLS education. Photos for the calendar are accepted year round regardless of the monthly theme.
June 2016 Theme: Teaching and Learning! We want to see students and instructors in action during your course. Did you take an awesome photo during a wilderness medicine class? Maybe you snapped a great picture of your course mates learning new skills, or instructors teaching in the backcountry—we want those photos!
Donate your best actions photos from your NOLS course and you could win a $50 gift certificate to the NOLS Online Store!
- Please read the attached NOLS Photo Submission Guidelines.
- All donated photos must have been taken by the person submitting the photos. Photos will be disqualified if they were taken by another photographer, even if it was on your camera.
- The photos must be from your NOLS experience. Examples of NOLS experiences: wilderness medicine courses, rationing food or issuing gear, field courses, regular or backcountry classes, reunions, and other NOLS events.
- Wilderness medicine photo submissions must feature medically accurate practices or they will be omitted.
- Photos can be submitted year round.
- The monthly deadline is the last day of each month.
- The calendar deadline is July 31.
- NOLS reserves the right to adjust any deadline(s) as the result of causes beyond its immediate control.
- The judging panel is made up of NOLS staff members.
- The judging panel will select one photo each month that best represents the theme of the month.
- Winning photographers for the monthly contest will be notified by email by the 15th of the following month.
- All monthly photos will be eligible for the calendar as well. The judging panel will select 16 photos from the year to be published in the 2017 NOLS Annual Fund Calendar.
- Winning photographers for the 2017 calendar contest will be notified by email by September 15, 2016.
- NOLS shall determine winner eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion. All decisions made by the judges are final.
HOW TO ENTER:
Click here to donate your photos to NOLS and enter the contest!
We can’t wait to see photos from your NOLS experience. Thank you for sharing them with us!