INTERNSHIP TITLE: Wilderness Risk Management Conference (WRMC) Internship
SUPERVISOR TITLE: Wilderness Risk Management Conference (WRMC) Manager
INTERNSHIP LOCATION: NOLS Headquarters in Lander, WY
DATES OF INTERNSHIP: Mid May—Mid November (approximate)
INTERNSHIP OBJECTIVE: The Wilderness Risk Management Conference (WRMC) is a professional conference that brings together over 400 outdoor industry professionals to discuss managing and mitigating risk. The Intern will learn how to plan, market, and execute the three-day conference, held annually in October. This internship allows for a variety of event planning projects involving independent work, collaboration among a small team, and interaction with leaders at NOLS, Outward Bound, and the Student Conservation Association.
- Motivation, initiative, and attention to details
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable initiating professional communication via email, phone, and in person
- Ability to infuse energy and creativity into special projects
- Marketing and writing experience preferred
PROFESSIONAL AND EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES:
- Gain experience in managing projects and planning, marketing, and executing three-day conference.
- Meet and network with other leaders in the outdoor education field.
- Attend conference workshops and learn solutions to challenging risk management issues.
- Learn about NOLS Risk Management Services.
College Credit may be available.
A weekly stipend of $125/week is provided to help defray expenses incurred during the internship.
Interns should not expect a paid position at the conclusion of the internship.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required.
E-VERIFY: NOLS Participates in E-Verify
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 18, 2016
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by completing this survey.