JOB TITLE: Wilderness Risk Management Conference (WRMC) Special Projects Internship
REPORTS TO: Wilderness Risk Management Conference (WRMC) Manager
INTERNSHIP DATES: Late May—Mid October (approximate)
The Wilderness Risk Management Conference (WRMC) is a professional conference that brings
together hundreds of outdoor industry professionals to discuss managing and mitigating risk. 2013 marks the 20th anniversary of the WRMC, and will be held in Grand Teton National Park, September 30 – October 2, 2013.
This internship will focus on special projects that aim to bring a historical aspect to the WRMC. Projects may include but are not limited to creating and producing/coordinating a visual display (to be exhibited at the conference) depicting the history of risk management through pictorial and written means, utilizing material items such as clothing, gear, and tools.
Project management, a desire for research, and design and writing skills are integral to this position. Additionally, this internship allows for a variety of opportunities involving independent work, collaboration among a small team, and interaction with leaders at NOLS, Outward Bound, and the Student Conservation Association.
• Ability to infuse energy and creativity into special projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail and design
• Self motivation, initiative and an enthusiastic approach to research
• Comfortable initiating professional communication via email, phone, and in-person
• 85% Management and execution of WRMC special projects, that includes researching, locating and procuring historical matter and information
• 15% Assistance in marketing and logistical organization and follow through of NOLS Professional Training custom courses and Risk Management Trainings
$125.00 per week stipend, equipment rentals, optional college credit, the possibility to attend a NOLS/LNT Seminar, and free WRMC attendance.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: Required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS International Headquarters, Lander, WY 82520
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter and résumé to:
Gabi Kilko-Jackson, WRMC Manager, NOLS Professional Training
307-335-2222 | email@example.com
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: March 17