JOB TITLE: NOLS Professional Training Marketing Internship
REPORTS TO: NOLS Professional Training Marketing Coordinator
JOB OBJECTIVE: The NOLS Professional Training Marketing Internship is a three month position to develop professional skills in marketing, copy writing, and social media strategy. NOLS Professional Training offers innovative, customized NOLS courses for organizations focusing on any aspect of the NOLS core curricula—leadership, technical skills, risk management or environmental studies. The NOLS Professional Training Internship provides unique and exciting exposure to one of NOLS’s most cutting-edge departments, with clients ranging from NASA to Wharton Business School.
- Attention to detail and customer experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of social media and web-based communications.
- Journalism, writing, or business degree or related experience preferred.
- NOLS graduate preferred.
PROJECTS AND TASKS:
- 25% - Produce copy for NOLS Professional Training's client blog and press releases.
- 25% - Support targeted mailings and promotions.
- 20% - Execution of email marketing and social media plan.
- 15% - Market Research and analysis for existing and potential clients.
- 10% - Maintain NOLS Professional Training media and photo archive.
- 5% - Other tasks and duties as assigned.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
- Develop professional social media and copy-writing portfolio.
- Exposure to custom course development, small business operations, and client relations.
- Possibly attend a Leave No Trace Master Educator’s Course.
- College credit is available; fulfills most 400-hour internship requirements.
POSITION LENGTH: ~3 month position spanning Jan through March/April.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS International Headquarters, Lander, WY
START DATE: Mid-January
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: Required for all NOLS interns.
TO APPLY: Applicants should send a resume and cover letter by mid-November to:
NOLS Professional Training
Interviews will be conducted in November.