INTERNSHIP: Graphic Design Intern
REPORTS TO: Senior Graphic Designer
INTERNSHIP OBJECTIVE: The NOLS Graphic Design Internship is a six-month position in the creative department at an international nonprofit. The internship provides an opportunity to experience a wide range of design and layout projects. Candidates must have a strong sense of design and bring production abilities and an enthusiasm for communicating in an effective and lively manner. You'll be an integral part of creating printed pieces from conception to layout to press.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be hard-working, positive, and a quick learner who is eager to take on any project. Graphic design degree or related experience with a strong eye for detail and ability to multi-task. Have strong production skills and experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Photo editing skills are a plus. NOLS graduate preferred (but not required).
- Add a variety of work to your design portfolio
- Gain experience with preparing layout files for press, and become more familiar with the larger process of printing by bidding projects with printers, reviewing printer proofs, and attending a press check
- Gain experience designing a large variety of projects from infographics to layout to web ads
- Receive a staff discount on a NOLS course of one month or shorter and attend staff seminars where openings exist.
- Receive one additional week off to be applied towards a personal wilderness trip
- College credit available if requested
- Learn how to effectively work with a in-house creative department and work closely with a small design team
- Polish communication skills by working with various departments around the school on projects
- Opportunity to play a role in our re-branding process
- Opportunity to play a role in UX design projects as well as perform user testing
- Layout and production of marketing materials including adrolls, printed/web ads, posters, banners, brochures, fliers, etc.
- Assisting with layout and production of The Leader, the 32-page publication that goes out three times a year to NOLS alumni
- Layout and production of fundraising pieces
- Layout and production of staff and donor newsletters
- Layout or design of other publications and projects as assigned
- Assisting with administrative duties for the creative department, including but not limited to photographer photo payments.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required.
E-VERIFY: NOLS Participates in E-Verify
INTERNSHIP LOCATION: NOLS International Headquarters, Lander ,Wyoming. A weekly stipend is provided, $125/week
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to:
Senior Graphic Designer
284 Lincoln Street; Lander, WY 82520
Contact Eryn Pierce with questions.
*Accepting applications on a rolling basis (contact Eryn Pierce for application deadlines).
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by completing this survey.