NOLS Faculty Summit and Curriculum Department Internship
DATES: February – Late May (Applications due October 20th)
LOCATION: Lander, Wyoming, NOLS Headquarters
JOB OBJECTIVES: The Faculty Summit intern will have the opportunity to learn how to organize and execute a major internal event by assisting in planning and executing the NOLS Faculty Summit, which occurs annually in early May. Secondarily, this intern will also have the opportunity to learn about curriculum development by assisting with curriculum, research, and publication projects.
OTHER POTENTIAL LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES AT NOLS INCLUDE:
- Attend NOLS school-wide meetings and trainings
- Learn the outfitting and rationing process of courses at NOLS Rocky Mountain
- Exposure to a variety of skills and expertise needed to operate a large wilderness-based experiential education school
- Work ethic: thorough, dependable, punctual, organized, and detail-oriented
- Able to work alone and as part of a team; good sense of humor
- Communication skills: person must be reading, writing, and speaking English at the college junior level
- Creative and solution-oriented with a “can-do” attitude
- Event planning experience is helpful, but not necessary
STIPEND: A taxable stipend of $125 per week is provided. Food and lodging are not provided.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A Criminal Background Check is required of all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
CONTACT: Interested individuals should email a cover letter, résumé, and list of three references to:
Faculty Summit Coordinator
NOLS Education Department firstname.lastname@example.org