NOLS Faculty Summit and Curriculum Department Internship
DATES: Mid January – Late May (Applications due October 15th)
LOCATION: Lander, Wyoming, NOLS Headquarters
JOB OBJECTIVES: The Faculty Summit intern will primarily assist in planning and executing a major event, the NOLS Faculty Summit, which occurs annually in early May. Secondarily, this intern will also assist with curriculum, research, and publication projects. They will work with other departments as part of the NOLS intern team. This opportunity provides exposure around the school to see how NOLS works as a whole.
OTHER POTENTIAL OPPORTUNITIES AT NOLS INCLUDE:
- Attend NOLS school-wide meetings and trainings
- Assist in the outfitting and rationing of courses at NOLS Rocky Mountain
- Exposure to a variety of skills and expertise needed to operate a large wilderness-based experiential education school
- Understanding and passion for the NOLS mission is essential
- A NOLS background/graduate is preferred
- Work ethic: thorough, dependable, punctual, organized, and detail-oriented
- Low maintenance: self-directed, good sense of humor
- Communication skills: person must be reading, writing, and speaking English at the college junior level
- Can-do attitude: creative, self-directed, and solution-oriented
- Event planning experience is helpful
- A taxable stipend of $125 per week is provided. Food and lodging are not provided.
- College Credit: This internship can be aligned with the intern system at your university so long as it does no create a huge administrative task load or cut into the above goals.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A Criminal Background Check is required of all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify
CONTACT: Interested individuals should send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Curriculum Publications Manager
NOLS Curriculum & Research Department