NOLS Faculty Summit Internship
Reports To:NOLS Faculty Summit Coordinator
Job Description: The Faculty Summit intern will primarily assist in planning and executing a major event, the NOLS Faculty Summit, which occurs annually in early May. Secondarily, this intern will also assist with curriculum and research projects. They will also work with other departments as part of the NOLS intern team. This provides exposure around the school to see more of how NOLS works as a whole.
Other potential opportunities at NOLS include:
- Attend NOLS school-wide meetings and trainings
- Assist in the outfitting and rationing of courses at NOLS Rocky Mountain
- Exposure to a variety of skills and expertise needed to operate a large wilderness-based experiential education school
Location: The position is based in Lander, Wyoming at NOLS headquarters.
Length: January to early June
- Understanding and passion for the NOLS mission is essential; a NOLS graduate is preferred
- Sense of responsibility: thorough, dependable, punctual, and organized
- Strong work ethic: Thorough, dependable, punctual, organized, and detail oriented
- Low maintenance: Self-directed, good sense of humor
- Communication skills: Person must be reading, writing, and speaking English at the college junior leve
- Can-do attitude: Creative, self-directed, and solution-oriented
- Event planning experience is helpful
ADAPTABILITY:We will gladly align this internship with the intern system at your home school as long as this doesn’t create an administrative burden or detract from the objectives of the internship.
Criminal Background Check: A criminal background check is required of all NOLS employees.
Compensation: A stipend of $100 per week is provided. This is taxable. Food and lodging are not provided.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: November 16, 2012
DECISION DATE FOR POSITION: November 21, 2012
Contact: Interested individuals should send a resume, cover letter, and work references to:
Faculty Summit Coordinator