JOB TITLE: NOLS Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability GIS Internship
DATES: January 2016 through May 2016
LOCATION: Lander, WY, NOLS Headquarters
SUPERVISORS: NOLS Environmental Stewardship Coordinator and NOLS Sustainability Coordinator
OBJECTIVE: The GIS intern will have the opportunity to learn and practice real-world application of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) including map composition, data entry and simple analyses, developing outreach and informational materials, creating interactive web maps, among others. The intern will also have the opportunity to gain experience developing GIS capabilities in a global organization by supporting NOLS stewardship, sustainability, and global campus operations.
OTHER POTENTIAL LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES AT NOLS INCLUDE:
- Attend NOLS school-wide meetings and trainings, including NOLS Faculty Summit
- Learn the outfitting and rationing process of courses at NOLS Rocky Mountain
- Develop content for the website, blog, and social media with guidance from the NOLS marketing and creative departments.
- Attend environmental stewardship and sustainability-related meetings (e.g., with a land management agency, internal departments, etc.).
PREFERRED SKILLS: High school diploma required, current college students and recent graduates preferred, majoring in a related field. Familiarity with NOLS is a plus. On the job training will be available as needed.
- Proficiency with ArcGIS mapping software; experience with map making, data processing and analysis, GPS technology
- Work ethic: thorough, dependable, punctual, organized, and detail-oriented
- Able to work alone and as part of a team
- High-level communication skills and a collaborative spirit
- Creative and solution-oriented
STIPEND: $125 per week, dispersed every two weeks. Food and lodging are not provided.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required of all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: December 7, 2015
HOW TO APPLY: Interested individuals should email a cover letter, resumé, and list of three references to:
NOLS Environmental Stewardship Coordinator email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by completing this survey.