Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability Internship
JOB TITLE: NOLS Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability Intern
TERM OF INTERNSHIP: Five months
STIPEND: $125 per week, dispersed every two weeks
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Stewardship and Sustainability Intern will assist the department director, the Stewardship Coordinator, and the Sustainability Coordinator with a variety of tasks related to federal agency regulations, curriculum development, and community outreach. Projects may include the following:
- Research and assist HQ and branches with the preparation of curriculum fact sheets used to teach policy and environmental topics on field courses.
- Prepare articles for the school newsletter and blog.
- Assist in environmental stewardship program work and sustainability initiative.
- Assist in internal website development.
- Assist in efforts to participate in land management planning processes that affect school operations.
- Assist in planning an environmentally-focused outreach event.
- Perform administrative tasks as needed.
SKILLS DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES: The Stewardship and Sustainability Intern will have opportunities to work with other departments and participate in activities in the field. For example:
Participate in a course issue day.
Attend environmental stewardship and sustainability-related meetings (e.g., with a land management agency).
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK:
A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
NOLS PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Headquarters, Lander, Wyoming
CONTACT: Interested individuals should send a resume and cover letter to:
Environmental Stewardship Coordinator
National Outdoor Leadership School
284 Lincoln Street
Lander, WY 82520
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
October 11, 2013
STARTING DATE: January 6, 2014