Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability Internship
JOB TITLE: NOLS Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability Intern
TERM OF INTERNSHIP: Four months with potential for extension
STIPEND: $125 per week, dispersed every two weeks
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Stewardship and Sustainability Intern will assist the Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability department with a variety of tasks including interfacing with federal agencies, curriculum development, and community outreach. Projects may include the following:
- Prepare articles for the school newsletter and blog.
- Environmental stewardship and sustainability initiative program work.
- Land management planning processes that affect school operations.
- Collaborate with NOLS Rocky Mountain on sustainable gear initiative and gear repair.
- Preparation and research of curriculum fact sheets used to teach policy and environmental topics on field courses.
- Assist in planning environmentally-focused outreach events.
- Perform administrative tasks as needed.
SKILLS DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES: The Stewardship and Sustainability Intern will have opportunities to work with other departments and participate in activities in the field. For example:
- Participate in a course issue day.
- Attend environmental stewardship and sustainability-related meetings (e.g., with a land management agency).
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Headquarters, Lander, Wyoming
CONTACT: Interested individuals should send a resume and cover letter to:
Environmental Stewardship Coordinator
National Outdoor Leadership School
284 Lincoln Street
Lander, WY 82520
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: October 20, 2014
STARTING DATE: January 12, 2015