JOB TITLE: Diversity and Inclusion Intern
Supervisor: Diversity and Inclusion Manager, Aparna Rajagopal-Durbin
Location: NOLS Headquarters, Lander, Wyoming
Duration: January through June, 2014 (specific dates flexible)
Compensation: A stipend of $125 per week is provided. This is taxable. Food and lodging are not provided.
Application deadline: November 30, 2013
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to NOLS Diversity and Inclusion Manager Aparna Rajagopal-Durbin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Description: Gain a broad understanding of NOLS Diversity and Inclusion mission. Work on specific projects relating to Diversity and Inclusion, which may include:
- Running the NOLS Expedition Denali spring tour for the mountaineers. This includes planning travel, lodging, and meals for the presenters, communicating with venues hosting the events, and helping promote the events. This may also include potentially attending events. For more information visit http://expeditiondenali.nols.edu/events/.
- Carrying out ideas for marketing to a broader audience, such as working with the marketing department to establish a a program for alumni of color to represent the school or identifying events and locations where we can market to more diverse audiences.
- If interested, helping to develop and disseminate inclusion and cultural competency curriculum. This would include attending diversity and inclusion workshops, cultural competency seminars, and possibly helping to facilitate these workshops/seminars.
- At least 21 years old
- NOLS graduate preferred.
- Clean driving record
- U.S. citizen
- self-directed, organized, and high attention to detail
- passion for diversity and inclusion
Skill Development / Special Opportunities May Include:
- Defensive driving training;
- Evacuation driving;
- Riding on horseback to a re-ration or to evacuate a student;
- Participating in NOLS school meetings and trainings (as availability allows), including the annual Faculty Summit, Diversity and Inclusion workshops, and Cultural Competency Seminars;
- Exposure to a variety of skills and expertise needed to operate a wilderness-based experiential education school; and
- Outdoor trips with other interns and NOLS employees to develop technical skills.
Criminal Background Check: A criminal background check is required for all NOLS interns and employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
Contact: Interested individuals should send a resume and cover letter to NOLS Diversity and Inclusion Manager Aparna Rajagopal-Durbin at email@example.com.