INTERNSHIP TITLE: NOLS Curriculum and Research Internship
SUPERVISOR TITLE: NOLS Research Manager
INTERNSHIP LOCATION: NOLS Headquarters in Lander, WY
DATES OF INTERNSHIP: Late May to mid August (approximate)
INTERNSHIP OBJECTIVE: The Curriculum and Research Internship provides an opportunity to gain experience with data collection and management in social and natural sciences and with library management and information science while also acquiring an understanding of how an outdoor education school operates by assisting in a variety of support services.
- Education: Major completion of a bachelor's degree
- Work Ethic: Self-directed, thorough, punctual, dependable, organized, and honest
- Communication Skills: Applicant must read, write, and speak at the college junior level
- Attitude: Creative, self-directed, and solution oriented—all with a sense of humor
- Computer skills: Basic computer literacy—knowledge of MS Office suite and Apple hardware helpful
- An understanding and passion for the NOLS mission is essential—being a NOLS graduate is helpful
PROFESSIONAL AND EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES:
The intern will:
- Learn about and gain experience with scientific data collection and data management
- Improve their public speaking ability by presenting to students informally and formally
- Gain experience in library science by helping to staff and maintain the NOLS faculty library, cataloging books, and helping students and instructors locate resources and information.
- Have the opportunity to write one or more articles about ongoing NOLS research for staff publications (newsletter and managers’ minutes).
- Learn the outfitting and rationing processes by assisting with these logistics at NOLS Rocky Mountain.
College Credit may be available through your school and we are happy to help you work with their internship system.
A weekly stipend of $125/week is provided to help defray expenses incurred during the internship (This stipend is taxable.).
Interns should not expect a paid position at the conclusion of the internship.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required.
E-VERIFY: NOLS Participates in E-Verify
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to:
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by completing this survey.