NOLS Curriculum and Research Internship
DATES: Mid May – Mid August (Applications due February 7th)
LOCATION: NOLS International Headquarters, Lander, Wyoming
- Assist with data collection for current research projects, including both electronic and in-person efforts
- Enter data and analyze results of ongoing research projects such as the Course Quality Survey
- Help with mechanical projects that apply research to field operations
NOLS Faculty Library Support:
- Help staff and maintain the NOLS faculty library
- Assist students and instructors in researching topics and locating resources
- Catalog books
Local Branch Support:
- Assist in the outfitting and rationing of courses at the NOLS Rocky Mountain branch
- Collaborate with other NOLS interns as necessary
- Education: Major completion of a bachelor's degree
- Work Ethic: Self-directed, thorough, punctual, dependable, organized, and honest
- Communication Skills: Applicant must read, write, and speak at the college junior level
- Attitude: Creative, self-directed, and solution oriented—all with a sense of humor
- Computer skills: Basic computer literacy—knowledge of MS office suite and Apple hardware helpful
- An understanding and passion for the NOLS mission is essential—being a NOLS graduate is helpful
- A taxable stipend of $125 per week is provided. Food and lodging are not provided.
- College Credit: This internship can be aligned with the intern system at your university so long as it does no create a huge administrative task load or cut into the above goals.
A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required of all NOLS employees.
NOLS participates in E-Verify to insure that our interns are eligible to work in the USA.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify to insure that our interns are eligible to work in the USA.
CONTACT: Interested individuals should send a resume, cover letter, and references to:
Curriculum & Research Manager
NOLS Curriculum & Research Department