POSITION TITLE: Wilderness Medicine Institute (WMI) Staffing Logistics Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Wilderness Medicine Institute Staffing Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE:The Wilderness Medicine Institute (WMI) Staffing Logistics Coordinator works as the main logistical support to WMI faculty. The Logistics Coordinator works closely with the Staffing Manager and Staffing Coordinator to ensure a smooth experience from home to course and back for WMI instructional staff.
QUALIFICATIONS:The ability to develop a firm understanding of the WMI mission, organizational system, sponsor and instructor policies. The Logistics Coordinator must possess the ability to work independently, solve problems creatively, and prioritize complex variables. Strong communication, planning, and logistical skills are essential. Required skills include computer literacy, database use, email capabilities, and experience booking travel online. Preferred skills include course experience with WMI.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Works closely with the WMI Staffing Manger, Staffing Coordinator, and Program Assistant. Networks internally with all WMI administrative staff, and attends weekly department meetings. Communicates regularly with WMI faculty and coordinates logistics with the Program Assistant. Functions as an integral member of the WMI Staffing Team. Supervises the WMI travel budget ($300,000).
RESPONSIBILITIES: This is a 3/4 time position,
- 60% Supports WMI faculty with course travel and logistics. Secures travel arrangements for staff to include flight itineraries and ground transportation. Sends course logistics to WMI faculty.
- 15% Approves and processes WMI faculty course reimbursement forms.
- 10% Assists the Staffing Manager and Staffing Coordinator with the implementation of the staffing plan.
- 10% Covers for the WMI Program Assistant and WMI Registrar when they are out of the office.
- 5% Coordinates faculty work visas with NOLS Human Resources and maintains accurate faculty records (current copies of certifications, instructor of instructor evals, updating the database and listserve, etc.).
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
WORK LOCATION: WMI Office; NOLS Headquarters, Lander WY.
HOW TO APPLY: Email or mail résumé and cover letter to:
Adam Crenshaw - WMI Staffing Manager
WMI of NOLS
284 Lincoln St,
Lander, WY 82520
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: May 5, 2014
START DATE: Aproximately May 12,2014