POSITION TITLE: NOLS Wilderness Medicine Institute Retail Coordinator
REPORTS TO: NOLS Wilderness Medicine Institute Business Operations
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Retail Coordinator is responsible for the daily operations of NOLS Headquarters retail sales. Duties include customer service, inventory management, order fulfillment, product orders, web maintenance, and financial reporting. The Retail Coordinator is the point-person for all NOLS Retail inquiries in person, on the phone, or through e-mail. Additionally, this position supports the WMI Equipment and Materials Manager with planning, staff supervision, training, and logistics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses the ability to work independently, organize multiple duties, and prioritize workload with robust attention to detail and deadlines
- Required skills include exceptional phone etiquette, strong planning and logistics management abilities, computer literacy, database navigation, and e-mail capabilities
- Retail experience
- Demonstrates ability to work efficiently amidst a busy and distracting work environment
- Demonstrates the ability to lift and carry 40 lbs independently
- NOLS Graduate preferred
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES:
- Processes retail orders in a timely and efficient manner
- Responds to customer service inquiries and needs promptly
- Maintains relationships with universities and other organizations to promote distribution of NOLS Store products
- Supervises WMI Temp Squad staff and Equipment Assistant when the WMI Equipment and Materials Manager is absent
- Trains staff in retail procedures
- Coordinates with other departments of the school for marketing, advertising, promotion of products, and supports other departments’ product needs
- Manages operational support for conferences and events that WMI attends
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY:
- Processes all online, in person, and phone retail orders
- Completes monthly financial reports reconciling money in and products out.
- Handles approximately 4000 transactions annually resulting in $300,000 of revenue.
- Places product orders of approximately $150,000 per year
- Manages a revolving physical inventory of $170,000
30% Customer Service: Supports retail customer service in person, on the phone, by mail, or through e-mail. Manages retail orders and communications with high profile customers placing large orders (universities, colleges, government agencies, guiding services, camps). Interacts with NOLS Purchasing, NOLS Rocky Mountain Branch, and NOLS departments for inventory coordination as needed.
20% Product Management: Monitors retail inventory levels and orders products as needed. Makes recommendations to the WMI Business Operations Manager for new products. Facilitates the addition of new products on the website, which includes tasks such as photographing products, establishing pricing, and advertising.
20% Provides support to the WMI Equipment and Materials Manager in terms of planning, training, staff supervision, and logistics.
15% Retail Packing and Shipping: Manages and fulfills online sales.
10% Finance: Maintains accurate inventory by processing sales and ordering products through our POS system. Completes monthly NOLS Finance reports. At the end of the fiscal year, the Retail Coordinator quantifies final inventory and creates an end of year financial report.
5% Other duties as assigned.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS Participates in E-Verify
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Headquarters, Lander Wyoming.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and résumé to:
284 Lincoln Street
Lander, WY 82520
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until filled.
STARTING DATE: Starting date will be dependent on the candidate. The position could start as soon as early September.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link: