POSITION TITLE: NOLS Wilderness Medicine Institute Retail Coordinator
REPORTS TO: WMI Program Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Retail Coordinator is responsible for the daily responsibilities of NOLS HQ retail sales to include customer service, inventory management, order fulfillment, product ordering, web maintenance and financial reporting. The Retail Coordinator administers all WMI on-course retail support and on-line retail sales. This position is the first point of contact for all inquiries to NOLS Retail via phone, e-mail or walk-in customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess the ability to work independently, organize multiple duties and prioritize workload with attention to detail and deadlines.
- Required skills include exceptional phone skills, strong planning and logistical skills, computer literacy, database use and email capabilities.
- Retail experience.
- Demonstrates ability to work efficiently amidst a busy and distracting work environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to lift and carry 40 lbs independently.
- NOLS Graduate preferred
LEADERSHIP AND/OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES:
- Processes retail orders in a timely and efficient manner and customer service for retail.
- Communicates regularly with WMI Instructional staff in relation to course retail inventory. Provides retail related trainings to WMI Instructional staff at ITC and WMI Staff Meeting.
- Primary point of contact for all NOLS outside retail sales, customer service, and return questions.
- Supervision of the Seasonal Retail Assistant for 6-8 months per year.
- Trains other staff in retail functions.
- Coordinate with other departments of the school for marketing, advertising and promotion of products as well as supporting other departments with their product needs
RESPONSIBILITY FOR FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY:·
- Processes all incoming course and online retail orders, balances course monetary income with sales, makes bank deposits, completes weekly NOLS Finance reports.
- Handles approximately 7000 transactions annually resulting in $400,000 of revenue. Approximately ½ of this entails manual processing of transactions using customer’s credit card, cash or checks that return from WMI courses.
- Places product orders of approximately $200,000 per year.
- Manage a revolving physical inventory of $150,000.
- 50% Retail Processing: Completes retail inventory in inventory system for both online and course sales. Supports customer service related to retail sales - answers questions, takes orders and provides information in response to retail telephone, mail and email inquiries including retail transactions. Completes weekly NOLS Finance reports. Tracks and reports reorder needs. Takes and processes purchase orders. Manages retail orders and communications with high profile customers placing large orders (Universities, Colleges, Government Agencies, Guiding Services, Camps). Interacts with NOLS Purchasing and NOLS RM for inventory coordination on as needed basis.
- 30% Retail Packing/Shipping: Completes packing and shipping of on-course retail merchandise. Independently manages retail fulfillment of both online and on course retail sales.
- 15% Product ordering: Monitors retail inventory levels and orders replenishment product as needed. Makes recommendations to the WMI Program Manager for additions of new products and facilitates full implementation of new products at a retail level including product shots, pricing, and advertising.
- 5% Other duties as assigned.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
NOLS PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
MOTOR VEHICLE CHECK: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving history.
WORK LOCATION: Lander, WY - NOLS HQ
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to:
WMI of NOLS
284 Lincoln St
Lander, WY 82520
CLOSING DATES FOR APPLICATIONS: May 5th, 2014. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
START DATE: May 27th, 2014 or earlier depending on candidate.