JOB TITLE: NOLS Wilderness Medicine Institute (WMI) WEMT Admissions Officer
REPORTS TO: NOLS Wilderness Medicine Institute (WMI) Admissions Supervisor
JOB OBJECTIVE: Oversee student enrollments for WEMT Courses to include registrations and financial transactions. Provide customer service support for all WMI students. Act as back up to WMI Admissions Supervisor and WMI Registrar.
QUALIFICATIONS: The WEMT Admissions Officer must be able to present a vibrant, positive and helpful attitude to inquiries, whether by email or over the phone. The WEMT Admissions Officer must have the ability to manage large volumes of detail in an accurate and timely manner. Must be comfortable with email, word processing, web based applications, and database applications. Must be able to confidently communicate policies.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: This person requires cooperative skills in a team environment. This position collaborates with several departments to provide support for unique WEMT courses. Supervises temporary WMI Admissions employees. Functions as a policy resource for WMI Admissions staff. This position includes outreach responsibility for the WEMT course. Additionally, this position interacts regularly with WMI Instructors, WMI Sponsors and external credit agencies.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for processing funds associated with student tuition monies and tracking monies owed to external credit granting agencies for all WEMT students. Manage all WEMT scholarship applications and serve on scholarship committee to review scholarship applications for all NOLS students. Process funds for all course types when answering phones.
- 30% - Enroll students and NOLS employees for WEMT and EMR courses, record payments and send pre-course information with enrollment confirmation. Support alternative course tuition payment processes such as AmeriCorps, 529 plans, scholarships and the GI Bill. Submit grades to appropriate educational institutions. Communicate with instructors regarding course status, roster updates, and specialized student situations/needs and provide them with graduate packs and diplomas.
- 30% - Contact students via the telephone or email for enrollment follow up, including incomplete applications, balance payment, tuition protection enrollment, prerequisites and required reading. Ship EMT textbooks to WEMT students.
- 20% - Assist students in changing their enrollment status: Course transfers, cancellations/refunds, and enrollment from wait lists. Manage exception requests.
- 15% - Communicate with prospective students through email, live chat and phone. Answer WMI general phone line when the Student Services Representative is unavailable. Answer questions pertinent to the WMI program, including courses, tuitions, lodging, recertification.
- 5% - Support Admissions department with projects and serve as the Admissions Supervisor backup. Assist colleagues with daily customer service through additional training.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required of all NOLS employees
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
WORK LOCATION: WMI Offices, NOLS Headquarters, Lander, WY
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and résumé to:
Contact Debra East with questions.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
STARTING DATE: Preferred date: July 20, 2015
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by completing this survey.