JOB TITLE: NOLS Wilderness Medicine Institute (WMI) Admissions Assistant
REPORTS TO: NOLS Wilderness Medicine Institute Admissions Supervisor
JOB OBJECTIVE: The WMI Admissions Assistant accomplishes a variety of tasks and projects to support the smooth operation of NOLS Wilderness Medicine Institute. Primary Admissions responsibilities include post course paperwork processing to include student enrollment, assuring database integrity, certification level verification, continuing education documentation, and the timely delivery of our product, the certification card. The Admissions assistant also plays an essential role in WMI customer services.
QUALIFICATIONS: The WMI Admissions Assistant must possess excellent attention to detail and the ability to work independently within the larger WMI organization. Must be proficient on a keyboard and familiar with email, word processing and database applications. Must be comfortable managing critical detail independently amidst a busy work environment. Must provide a professional tone in customer service via phone, email, live chat or in-person.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Must be able to prioritize daily job tasks, including daily management of course rosters. Must communicate professionally with students to assess student certification eligibility and within a set of guidelines award the correct certification level. Must communicate professionally with accreditation agency representatives for continuing education credit services and process appropriate documents in a timely manner.
- 50% - Admissions Support: Responsible for data integrity of WMI student information in the core database. Tasks include student enrollment on courses; certification level verification; certification card processing.
- 15% - Process continuing education and fellowship credits for EMTs, nurses, and physicians. Provide reports, course summaries and payment to accrediting agencies.
- 20% - Provide backup support for customer service communication via phone, email and live chat.
- 10% - Works with Admissions to expand data integrity resources and corrective actions
- 5% - Other duties as assigned.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: criminal A background check is required of all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
WORK LOCATION: WMI offices, NOLS Headquarters, Lander, WY
HOW TO APPLY: Send, fax or email cover letter and résumé to:
WMI Admissions Supervisor
NOLS Wilderness Medicine Institute
284 Lincoln St, Lander WY, 82520
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: August 19, 2013
STARTING DATE: August 26, 2013