JOB TITLE: NOLS Three Peaks Ranch Kitchen Manager and Fall WFR Cook
REPORTS TO: NOLS Three Peaks Ranch Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Run all aspects of the kitchen at NOLS Three Peaks Ranch in its day-to-day operations. Plan, prepare, and present meals for ranch staff, students and visitors. Order food and maintain a high standard of sanitation in the kitchen area. Provide logistical support to NOLS Three Peaks Ranch as assigned. Duties may include driving, horse chores, and general facility upkeep and maintenance.
QUALIFICATIONS: Seeking a hard working, committed person with an understanding of NOLS course needs and excellent Expedition Behavior. Cooking experience is preferred, but desire to learn about cooking and food is necessary. Strong communication and organizational skills, initiative, creativity and problem solving ability required. Ability to work effectively with a variety of personalities and flexibility in scheduling work hours are a must, along with the ability to competently and cheerfully work 13-hour days, on weekends, and 50+ hour weeks. Ability to work safely and efficiently without direct supervision is necessary as is the desire to live and work in a small community.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Work directly with the NOLS ranch manager or assistant ranch manager to develop and maintain a kitchen budget. Attention to proper care, cleaning, maintenance of kitchen facility.
- Provide healthy, home cooked meals for students, staff and visitors.
- Work closely and effectively in a team setting with in-town staff and field staff.
- Inventory, order and stock all kitchen supplies within a budget.
- Grocery shop for items not available through bulk vendors.
- Develop and maintain positive relations with all food vendors.
- Maintain a sanitary and organized kitchen facility, thoroughly cleaning all dishes, surfaces, appliances, fixtures, and floors as needed.
- Maintain communication with fellow employees, students, instructors, and supervisors.
- Supervise volunteers, students, ranch and field staff in light kitchen preparation and clean up duties.
- Perform transportation and maintenance tasks as needed.
- Assist in handling course evacuations.
- Contribute to ranch sustainability projects.
- Perform other tasks as necessary.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE CHECK: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Rocky Mountain, Three Peaks Ranch, Boulder, Wyoming
WORKING CONDITIONS: Private housing is provided on-site. Kitchen and living areas are communal with other NOLS ranch in-town staff (and field staff when on-site). NOLS Three Peaks Ranch provides food throughout employment.
HOW TO APPLY: Email a cover letter, resume and three references to:
NOLS Three Peaks Ranch Manager email@example.com
DATES OF POSITION: July 26th - October 16, 2014
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Applications accepted until position is filled.