JOB TITLE: NOLS Teton Valley Rations Manager
REPORTS TO: NOLS Teton Valley Assistant Director
JOB OBJECTIVE: Responsible for all facets of rations department operations with the goal to
provide adequate supplies of nutritious foods for all students and faculty attending courses at NOLS
QUALIFICATIONS: Strong desire to work for NOLS; must be highly motivated, have an eye for
details, be a quick learner and work efficiently without supervision. NOLS field experience and
familiarity with NOLS rationing systems preferred. Must be flexible in scheduling work hours; working
long days and weekends. Prefer someone who is willing to commit to working for an extended
period of time. Excellent driving record required. Defensive driving preferred. Familiarity with Apple
Macintosh computers, Word and Excel preferred.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Maintain inventory and track monthly expenses and revenues within a
budget of $25,000.
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly rations room.
- Plan, purchase, and organize field rations for all Teton Valley courses using Excel.
- Brief and advise faculty on course rations.
- Supervise students and faculty during issue and deissue days.
- Maintain rations paperwork and computer systems needed to efficiently ration courses.
- Track expenses to stay within budget.
- Track rations inventory and ensure that sufficient quantities are on hand to meet course
- Maintain food bagging areas and storage equipment in a safe, clean functional condition.
- Perform maintenance and cleaning duties on facilities as needed.
- Drive courses to roadheads and facilitate re-rations. Share evacuation driver duty.
Perform vehicle rerations as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by director. We are a small campus and rely on an employee's skills
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS
MOTOR VEHICLE CHECK: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date
and possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving history.
NOLS PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Teton Valley, located in Driggs, Idaho, at the foot of the western side of
the Teton Range (40 minutes from Jackson Hole, WY). Limited dormitory style housing is available on
a priority basis, but staff members are not required to live on-property.
HOW TO APPLY: Mail, e-mail or fax cover letter and résumé to:
Dan Verbeten, Assistant Director
NOLS Teton Valley
166 East 200 South
Driggs, ID 83422
(208) 354-8084 fax
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: March 22, 2013. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
DATES OF POSITION: May 29 through September 6, 2013