JOB TITLE: NOLS Teton Valley Rations Manager
REPORTS TO: NOLS Teton Valley Assistant Director
JOB OBJECTIVE: Responsible for all facets of rations department operations with the goal to provide adequate supplies of nutritious foods for all students and faculty attending courses at NOLS Teton Valley.
QUALIFICATIONS: Strong desire to work for NOLS; must be highly motivated, have an eye for details, be a quick learner and work efficiently without supervision. NOLS field experience and familiarity with NOLS rationing systems preferred. Must be flexible in scheduling work hours; working long days and weekends. Prefer someone who is willing to commit to working for an extended period of time. Excellent driving record required. Familiarity with Apple Macintosh computers, Word and Excel preferred.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Maintain inventory and track monthly expenses and revenues within a budget of $20,000.
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly rations room.
- Plan, purchase, and organize field rations for all Teton Valley courses using Excel.
- Brief and advise faculty on course rations.
- Supervise students and faculty during issue and deissue days.
- Maintain rations paperwork and computer systems needed to efficiently ration courses.
- Track expenses to stay within budget.
- Track rations inventory and ensure that sufficient quantities are on hand to meet course needs.
- Maintain food bagging areas and storage equipment in a safe, clean functional condition.
- Perform maintenance and cleaning duties on facilities as needed.
- Drive courses to roadheads and facilitate re-rations. Share evacuation driver duty.
- Perform vehicle rerations as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by director. We are a small campus and rely on an employee's skills as applicable.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
NOLS PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
MOTOR VEHICLE CHECK: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving history.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Teton Valley, located in Driggs, Idaho, at the foot of the western side of the Teton Range (40 minutes from Jackson Hole, WY). Limited dormitory style housing (in yurts) is offered for this position, but staff members are not required to live on property. The kitchen manager is given priority for housing due to early morning work.
HOW TO APPLY: Mail, e-mail or fax cover letter and resumé to:
Dan Verbeten, Assistant Director
NOLS Teton Valley
1690 East 2000 South
Driggs, ID 83422
(208) 354-8084 fax
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: March 28, 2014. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
DATES OF POSITION: June 2nd through September 5th, 2014