JOB TITLE: NOLS Sustainability Coordinator
REPORTS TO: NOLS Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability Director
JOB OBJECTIVE: The NOLS sustainability coordinator is responsible for being a guide and champion for the NOLS sustainability initiative. This is a half time position with potential to be a ¾ time salary-faculty position.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understanding of NOLS mission, programs, and methods of operation, both in town and in the field
- Demonstrated ability to select and utilize advantageous leadership and communication styles to accomplish sustainability goals
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work closely with a team
- Proven administrative aptitude and attention to detail and follow-through
- Understanding of and commitment to achieving greater sustainability at NOLS
- Ability to adjust to changing needs and be flexible
- Initiative, organization and the ability to work with minimum daily supervision
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: The NOLS sustainability coordinator shares supervision of the NOLS environmental stewardship and sustainability (ESS) intern 4-6 months a year. Additional leadership of individuals, teams and committees dedicated to sustainability projects is required. The NOLS sustainability coordinator frequently guides projects that are run by other individuals.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: As needed, the position offers advice and guidance on the allocation of funds towards sustainability-related assets and projects. This requires an understanding of the NOLS budget process and the fiscal goals of the school.
70% Work with a wide variety of departments, branches, individuals, and systems throughout the school to coordinate implementation of the sustainability initiative.
20% Administrative tasks:
- Develop and maintain databases required to track sustainability projects and progress
- Assist branches and other departments with identifying and securing sources of funding to support new sustainability projects
- Responsibilities as assigned by the ESS director
5% Assist with developing curriculum materials for the field that transfer to students what we learn from the sustainability initiative.
5% Work with the ESS director and branch operations to cultivate partnership opportunities with outside organizations that advance sustainability.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Headquarters, Lander, Wyoming
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to:
284 Lincoln Street
Lander, WY 82520
Questions about the position? Contact Aaron Bannon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 307- 335-2312.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: March 20, 2015
START DATE: April 20, 2015
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by completing this survey.