JOB TITLE: Social Media Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Web Content Administrator
JOB OBJECTIVE: Foster and aggregate content and relationships online to further the NOLS mission.
Applicant must possess a thorough understanding of the NOLS mission. This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and problem solve, and the ability to craft messages appropriately for varying online audiences are essential. Must have solid project management skills and follow-through. Must be willing to travel.
Experience or willingness to learn relevant computer applications to perform the job is required--NOLS database applications, including our digital asset management platform, internet browsers, smart phone apps, Photoshop, and all popular social media platforms. Knowledge of basic HTML preferred but not required. Applicant should have an eye for photography.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Experience blogging, networking, and related internet use/skills. A NOLS graduate or instructor is preferred. Ingenuity and creativity a must for this position.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISARY DUTIES: No direct supervisory roles, but active participation as part of the creative team is expected.
- Foster an engaged, respectful and inclusive online NOLS community
- Build and maintain relationships with online alumni, staff and larger community when appropriate
- Answer questions for prospective students, parents, and alumni
- Train NOLS staff and interns, when applicable, in participation and use of social media for NOLS
- Maintain a system for measuring the reach and effectiveness of the NOLS social media channels.
- Collaborate with Writer/PR to create stories for the NOLS blog
- Attend events, travel to NOLS locations, to seek out and share stories, photos
- Find and share stories/news with staff and NOLS community
- Work with web content administrator to integrate social media onto nols.edu and ensure best practices for content posted to social media channels
- Manage the NOLS photo database, filter and vet incoming images, set up accounts for and train employees in the use of this database
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Headquarters, Lander, Wyoming
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK:
A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to:
Aleson Rietow, NOLS Web Content Administrator
USPS: 284 Lincoln Street; Lander, WY 82520
Phone: 307.332.2255 Contact same with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
January 4, 2015