JOB TITLE: NOLS Rocky Mountain River Base Manager
REPORTS TO: NOLS Rocky Mountain Assistant Director
JOB OBJECTIVE: Oversee courses, staff, operations and budget of the NOLS Rocky Mountain River Base in Vernal, Utah
QUALIFICATIONS: Several years of supervisory and/or managerial experience. Must be able to communicate well, both orally and in writing. This position requires a creative, flexible, solution- oriented attitude. NOLS whitewater instructor with experience at the course leader level and knowledge of the River Base's operating areas is desirable. Experience managing budgets is preferred.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Supervise River Base in-town staff and field instructors. This person is responsible for River Base program and student experience. Oversee risk management and field evacuations.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for the River Base budget of $330,000 in expenses, $40,000 in sales, and $2,000 in petty cash. Responsible for the operation, and maintenance of the River Base facilities, vehicles, and all equipment.
- 40% - Hire and supervise River Base in-town staff. Oversee maintenance of facilities and vehicles. Oversee field rations department and in-town meals. Oversee ordering, storage, and issuing process of field equipment.
- 20% - Plan, implement and revise River Base budget in conjunction with NOLS Rocky Mountain administration. Oversee retail sales and rental fees to students, instructors and staff.
- 20% - Work with NOLS Rocky Mountain assistant director to craft seasonal operating plans. Oversee River Base risk management, program, program staff, field staff and field staff certifications. Assist with coordination and execution of field evacuations.
- 10% - Responsible for maintenance of river permits and maintaining good relationships with land managers. Stay abreast of issues that effect and/or impact River Base operating areas.
- 10% - Other projects as assigned by the NOLS Rocky Mountain director or assistant director. Including NOLS field work, if qualified.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Rocky Mountain River Base, Vernal, Utah
HOW TO APPLY:
Mail, hand deliver, email, or fax cover letter and resume to:
Glenda Brannan, Office Manager
NOLS Rocky Mountain
502 Lincoln Street
Lander, WY 82520
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: November 1, 2013
START DATE: Early January 2014