JOB TITLE: NOLS Pacific Northwest Outfitting Assistant
REPORTS TO: NOLS Pacific Northwest Outfitting Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Facilitate student and instructor equipment preparation for NOLS Pacific Northwest courses. Inspect, maintain and repair clothing and gear used by students and instructors. Provide instruction and training in equipment maintenance and repair. Facilitate routine issue and deissue of courses.
QUALIFICATIONS: NOLS graduate or comparable level of outdoor program experience preferred. Excellent customer service and communication skills are necessary. Having attention to detail and an ability to thoroughly complete tasks is paramount. Experience with POSIM (Point of Sales Administration and Inventory Management) software is helpful.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Supervise students during the issue and deissue process. Explain and demonstrate proper use and care of equipment when outfitting students and instructors. FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for upkeep, maintenance, and repair of equipment and facilities.
- Check, clean, repair, and maintain outfitting equipment: packs, tents, mountaineering gear, paddling and sailing gear, boats, and stoves. Routinely clean and maintain the outfitting area to high professional standards.
- Assist in the issue and deissue of students, instructors, and in-town staff. Provide assistance to instructors with pre-course preparation and post-course deissue.
- Provide instruction and training in equipment repair and maintenance for students, instructors, and in-town staff.
- Administer sales transactions for students and instructors.
- Maintain adequate stock by monitoring inventory in the issue room for efficient outfitting of NOLS courses.
- Maintain an organized system of material re-use/recycling, including paper, cardboard, and plastic bags.
- Perform transportation tasks such as resupplies, trailhead drop-offs, and pick-ups of students and instructors. Drive in a safe, defensive, and law-abiding manner while performing these operational logistics.
- Help in facility maintenance and vehicle cleaning when needed.
- Assist the outfitting manager and operations manager with additional projects that may arise.
- Be familiar with branch-wide and role-specific practices and expectations regarding sustainability, as detailed in the NOLS Pacific Northwest sustainability manual.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Pacific Northwest, Conway, Washington
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to:
NOLS Pacific Northwest Operations Manager
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: January 3, 2016
STARTING DATE: We have two positions available; please include which interests you in your cover letter. The first position is April 4 - December 11, 2016. The second position is May 16 - August 26, 2016
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by completing this survey.