JOB TITLE: NOLS Patagonia Logistics Manager
REPORTS TO: NOLS Patagonia Assistant Director
JOB OBJECTIVE: The NOLS Patagonia logistics manager coordinates course logistics including re-rations and supervises the transportation department for the branch. The NOLS Patagonia logistics manager assists in developing budget proposals and manages expenses for gas, vehicle maintenance, private services and in-town travel. This person may also support branch operations by serving as evacuation coordinator.
QUALIFICATIONS: Should possess an excellent understanding of NOLS transportation policies. A good understanding and knowledge of Patagonia geography and culture is required. Field experience in Patagonia is strongly preferred. Must be able to conduct business through written and oral communication in both Spanish and English. Necessary skills include self-motivation, problem solving, flexibility, the ability to plan and prioritize time and projects for self and others. Working knowledge of computer skills such as excel, word is a must. Driving skills and mechanical abilities are preferred. The ability to get along with others in a close-living situation is necessary.
LEADERSHIP AND/OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Supervises Spanish speaking in-town staff. Coordinates in-town staff transportation and also contracts private services for all courses. Expected to take a leadership role in maintaining a healthy working atmosphere.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY:
- Accountable for purchasing and tracking expenses in accounts totaling $100,000.
- Routinely handles sums of $2,000 and organizes receipts and accounting.
- Oversees maintenance and care of vehicle of nine vehicles, including two buses and a cargo truck.
· Independently negotiate contracts with remote local service providers for course support.
· Coordinate use priorities for all branch vehicles.
· Maintain maintenance records and ensure NOLS Patagonia’s fleet complies or exceeds standards defined by NOLS Transportation Policy and local legislation.
· Carry out monthly expense reviews for private services, gas, vehicle maintenance and in-town travel accounts.
· Develop trimester projections for private services, gas, vehicle maintenance and in-town travel accounts
· Organize and update logistics and evacuation resources.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE CHECK: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: Eight-month position at NOLS Patagonia, Coyhaique, Chile (September through April).
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com before June 15, 2012.