JOB TITLE: Professional Training Account Manager
REPORTS TO: Professional Training Program Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: The account manager designs, contracts, and manages logistics of services provided by NOLS Professional Training. S/he also manages a diverse portfolio of clients and the long-term relationships associated with those. S/he will also teach some of the professional training courses or train and supervise the staff teaching the courses.
The purpose of NOLS Professional Training is to expand the reach of the NOLS mission through innovative and customized educational experiences. NOLS Pro services include leadership and teamwork training in expeditionary and classroom formats, skill-focused seminars including LNT, risk management training and consulting, as well as presentations and a conference. Clients range from government and corporate clients to non-profit organizations and schools (secondary, college, and graduate).
- Passion for the NOLS mission and possibilities for fulfilling it in creative ways
- Thorough knowledge of NOLS core curriculum and reasonable knowledge of logistics at various branches
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both in-person and from a distance (phone and email), with external and internal networks
- Ability to assess clients' desired outcomes and to suggest NOLS-delivered solutions in a dynamic manner
- Ability to negotiate and set standards with clients, including high-profile ones
- Initiative, organization, flexibility, and tolerance for adversity and uncertainty
- Ability to process voluminous details, prioritize, and work efficiently
- Briefing and debriefing skills for instructors and clients
- Thrives working in a high-paced, dynamic team environment as an integral member of the group while also remaining self-directed, seeking feedback, and articulating needs and maintaining a high-degree of ownership and responsibility
- NOLS instructor
- NOLS management (esp. program supervisor) and senior field experience (esp. with leadership curriculum)
- Well-versed in practicing and teaching the NOLS leadership model
- Project management experience
- Sales experience
- Experience with adult clients, government entities, corporate or non-profit organizations, and schools
- Experience with NOLS databases including Nexus and Filemaker Pro
- Classroom teaching and public speaking skills
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: The Account Manager will primarily supervise instructors teaching classroom-based programs.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: This position will negotiate contracts with outside organizations for services provided and will be responsible for staying within budget guidelines. Typical contracts range from $15,000 to $150,000 (signed by the NOLS Professional Training Director).
RESPONSIBILITIES (Percentages approximate, to be determined with person hired):
- 40 - 50%: Manage full life cycle of accounts for outstanding customer satisfaction with a customer service team of two to three NOLS Pro employees. Manage requests for customized trainings in one or more NOLS core curriculum areas—initially by phone, then by written proposal and contract. Visit one to three clients per year. Develop strong networks externally and internally.
- 20%: Design course curriculum and, with a customer service team, positively manage logistics with branches and outside sponsors.
- 15 - 25%: Leverage new and existing relationships to prospect, create, and qualify new leads with the NOLS Pro Sales Manager and strategize and negotiate to close the deal.
- 5%: Support branch briefings by providing client orientations for field-based programs and participate in debriefing process with intent of communicating outcomes directly with client. Brief and debrief classroom-based courses followed by writing staff performance evaluations.
- 5%: Teach NOLS Professional Training field and classroom based programs as appropriate
- 5%: Fulfill other responsibilities as assigned, which may include long-term and strategic projects.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS International Headquarters in Lander, Wyoming.
HOW TO APPLY: Please address all inquiries and/or cover letter and résumé to:
Jesi Crawford, NOLS Professional Training, 284 Lincoln Street, Lander, WY 82520
email@example.com, (307) 335-2220
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: July 23, 2013 at 5 p.m. MDT
STARTING DATE: Negotiable. Ideal candidate would start late summer.