JOB TITLE: Professional Training Account Manager
REPORTS TO: Professional Training Program Manager
The NOLS Pro Account Manager will work with organizations and individuals outside of NOLS to create customized educational experiences. This includes designing, contracting, and overseeing the educational programming for each client. The Account Manager will be responsible for existing long-term relationships and cultivating new relationships with diverse clients. This individual will also teach some of the professional training courses and/ or train and supervise the staff teaching the courses.
- Passion for the NOLS mission
- Thorough knowledge of NOLS core curriculum
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to align clients’ desired outcomes with NOLS-delivered solutions
- Ability to negotiate and set expectations with clients
- Initiative, organization, flexibility, and tolerance for adversity and uncertainty
- Ability to process details, prioritize, and work efficiently
- Briefing and debriefing skills
- Thrives working in a high-paced, dynamic team environment
- Self-directed with a strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Seeks feedback and demonstrates growth
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Ability to build strong, positive relationships with co-workers, other departments,, NOLS locations, and clients
- NOLS instructor
- NOLS field experience and/ or supervision experience
- Practiced in teaching and utilizing the NOLS leadership model
- Project management experience
- Experience working with adult students, government entities, corporate or non-profit organizations, and/or schools
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES:
The Account Manager will primarily supervise instructors teaching classroom-based programs.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY:
Negotiate contracts with outside organizations for educational programming. Responsible for staying within budget guidelines. Typical contracts range from $15,000 to $300,000.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Percentages approximate, to be determined with person hired):
- Manage and cultivate long-term client relationships with the goal of providing exceptional learning experiences for NOLS Pro students. Work with a customer service team of two to three NOLS Pro employees to manage course logistics with NOLS campuses and outside sponsors. This account manager will likely take primary responsibility for the relationship with the Naval Academy (Approximately 50%).
- Support NOLS Pro courses based at NOLScampuses. Provide client orientations for and participate in the debrief process. Communicate outcomes directly with client afterwards. Brief and debrief remote location field-based courses. (10%)
- Brief and debrief classroom-based courses followed by writing staff performance evaluations. (5%)
- Pursue new opportunities with interested potential clients and opportunities for expanding relationships with existing clients. Manage these opportunities and design course curriculum in one or more NOLS core curriculum areas. (20%)
- Teach NOLS Professional Training field and classroom based programs as appropriate as well as potential open-enrollment field courses. Visit one to three clients per year. If the Naval Account Manager, travel to Annapolis twice per year. May travel to manage large and/or remote programs. (Likely 5 - 10% - Percentage of field time to be negotiated with person hired)
- Cultivate strong networks externally and internally, including NOLS Staffing and NOLS campuses. (5%)
- Fulfill other responsibilities as assigned, which may include long-term and strategic projects. (5%)
WORK LOCATION: NOLS International Headquarters in Lander, Wyoming.
HOW TO APPLY:
Direct questions to: Jen Sall, email@example.com, 307.335.2211
Send cover letter and résumé to:
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: June 5, 2016
STARTING DATE: Negotiable.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.