JOB TITLE: NOLS Professional Training Sales Manager
REPORTS TO: NOLS Professional Training Director
Increase sales of NOLS Professional Training (NOLS Pro) products, focused on group sales of expeditions. Enhance and lead implementation of the front-end sales process to include marketing, prospecting, and outbound sales initiation. Act as liaison between the NOLS Pro team and the NOLS marketing department to develop marketing and sales products.
The purpose of NOLS Professional Training is to expand the reach of the NOLS mission through innovative and customized educational experiences.
- Passionate about NOLS mission and NOLS Pro purpose
- Understanding of marketing and sales concepts such as value propositions, brand awareness drivers, and features vs. benefits
- Knowledge of NOLS core curriculum, activity offerings, and locations
- Ability to assess clients’ desired outcomes and suggest NOLS solutions in a dynamic manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, to include public speaking, small groups, and one-on-one; both in-person or electronically
- Thrives working in a high-paced, dynamic team environment, while remaining self-directed
- Willing to travel
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES:
- Experience with NOLS Pro market segments such as government (including military, land management agencies, and firefighters), schools from secondary to graduate, and camps
- Experience with databases, especially NOLS-specific or customer relationship management
- NOLS graduate/instructor (up to 10% of job could be working in the field if qualified)
Supervise NOLS Pro marketing intern. As sales efforts grow, this person might supervise someone else in the future.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY:
Manage up to $20,000 marketing and travel budget.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Percentages approximate, to be determined with person hired):
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK:
- 15% - Work with NOLS Pro leadership team, NOLS Pro Advisory Group, and NOLS marketing to articulate a clear, compelling, multi-faceted marketing and sales strategy for the department
- 30% - Prioritize, develop, and lead implementation of market segment-specific outbound sales plans. Develop and track metrics of success in each step of these sales plans.
- 15% - Work closely with account managers to leverage existing and new relationships to prospect, create, qualify, and convert leads into NOLS clients and students. Develop and maintain strong internal and external networks
- 15% - Support account managers by coordinating the design, update, archiving and availability of a variety of media. These could include the NOLS Pro website; client-specific flyers, PDFs and webpages; videos; press releases; blog entries; Leader articles; State of the School reports, e-news; and enrollment paperwork
- 10% - Prioritize conferences and other gatherings for NOLS Pro to attend. Travel one to three times per year for NOLS Pro for conferences and visits with potential clients.
- 5% - Enhance customer relations management by improving database(s) and metrics
- 5% - Other duties as assigned.
A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
NOLS participates in e-verify
NOLS International Headquarters in Lander, Wyoming
HOW TO APPLY:
Please address all inquiries, cover letter, and résumé to
Jesi Crawford, 284 Lincoln St., Lander, WY, 82520
email@example.com (307) 335-2220
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
February 25, 2013 by 5 p.m. MST.