JOB TITLE: Purchasing Assistant
REPORTS TO: Purchasing Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Assist Purchasing Manager with the day-to-day operation of the purchasing department, which purchases supplies for four international branches, five domestic branches, and the international headquarters. Assist Purchasing Manager in overseeing fulfillment functions (mail room, data entry, and reception).
- High school graduate.
- 2-3 yrs purchasing/mail room experience helpful but not required.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Pleasant telephone demeanor.
- Courteous in frequent interaction with suppliers, staff, students, and the public.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and work in an often fast paced environment.
- Working knowledge in Apple and Windows based computer programs.
- Excellent clerical and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow written and verbal procedures.
- NOLS work experience beneficial but not required.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality is required.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Assist with supervising fulfillment functions.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: This position assists with managing purchasing commitments involving up to $2 million in annual expenditures.
- Place orders with vendors and expedite existing orders.
- Answer phone calls from vendors and branches and help with inquiries as needed.
- Process new requisitions and received orders.
- Interact with finance department to reconcile order questions/problems.
- Contact vendors when orders are received with errors or damage.
- Research new products and suppliers and make recommendations to purchasing manager and/or requisitioner based on quality, price, and availability.
- Collaborate in maintenance of purchasing database.
- Maintain purchase order and catalog files.
- Maintain Open and Blanket PO files.
- Student Application data entry.
- Assist in overseeing and provide back up support for the fulfillment functions (mail room and reception).
- Other tasks as assigned.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-Verify: NOLS participates in E-Verify
WORK LOCATION: Lander, Wyoming
SALARY: Full time with benefits
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume to:
284 Lincoln St
Lander, WY 82520
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until filled