JOB TITLE: Equipment Assistant, NOLS Wilderness Medicine Institute
REPORTS TO: NOLS Wilderness Medicine Institute Equipment Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: NOLS Wilderness Medicine Institute Equipment Assistant accomplishes a variety of tasks and projects to support the smooth operation of the Wilderness Medicine Institute. Primary responsibilities include gear inventory, issue and de-issue to staff and sponsors, and restock/resupply duties.
QUALIFICATIONS: The NOLS Wilderness Medicine Institute Equipment Assistant must possess excellent attention to detail and the ability to work independently within the larger WMI organization. Must be comfortable managing critical detail independently amidst a busy work environment. Must be able to physically lift and move boxes and equipment up to 50 pounds. Must demonstrate competency in maintenance and repair of all WMI gear. Must be willing to work with bio-hazardous materials. Must have a valid drivers license and pass our insurance company driving requirements.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Must be able to prioritize daily job tasks. Assist with regular communication to staff and sponsors in order to assure efficient issue/de-issue of gear. Maintains equipment room and storage areas in a safe, clean and orderly state.
- 50% - Equipment Support: Maintains uniformity and readiness among multiple medical gear sets for proper course instruction rotation. Maintains course issue sheets. Evaluates equipment inventories and appropriately restocks gear sets. Physically takes course gear and materials to select course locations.
- 20% - Prepares and packs course materials and gear sets for shipment to course locations.
- 10% - Communicates logistics information to course Instructors and Sponsors.
- 10% - Marketing logistics support
- 10% - Other duties as assigned.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required of all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Wilderness Medicine Institute offices, NOLS Headquarters, Lander, WY
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter and résumé to: Edward Hanfman, firstname.lastname@example.org, 307-335-2367
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: September 21st, 2013